Resolved [Switch] I can't find any truffle worms, been looking for hours

MoonLordMaster

Terrarian
I've spent hours looking for truffle worms, leaving the mushroom home and then going back in, leaving the game and back in, using a water candle as well. Am I doing anything wrong? Btw it is underground.

Sounds like you are doing it right. Do other mushroom enemies spawn? Worms have the same spawning conditions as them, so if they spawn, worms should as well. Actually catching the worms is another matter though.

Oh, and the world is in hardmode, right?

Sounds like you are doing it right. Do other mushroom enemies spawn? Worms have the same spawning conditions as them, so if they spawn, worms should as well. Actually catching the worms is another matter though.

Oh, and the world is in hardmode, right?
Yes it is in hardmode

See if you can flatten the mushroom area a bit. For an enemy/worm to spawn there needs to be a 2 wide 3 high space where there's nothing. the more such spaces available the better.

Ok I'll try that but are the I've got npcs living in the mushroom because I wanted mushroom grass seeds of the dryad for truffle, but since the truffle worm is classed as an enemy, would it decrease the chance of it spawning?

Oh, you got npcs living there. Yes it effects spawn rate, with 3 or more npcs the spawn rate is effectively 0.

You will have to farm worms elsewhere. What most people seem to be doing is building a long tunnel where the floor is covered with mushroom grass. Then they run back and forth with the bug net collecting worms. Other enemies will spawn as well so decent armor is recommended.

There are also dedicated farms that you can build, like this one which is great. A lot of work to build though.

Back
Top Bottom