Resolved [Switch] Statue farm for Pirate maps?

MySimplePixel

Spazmatism
Hi all,

Just wondering, can you use a statue farm in the ocean biome to get the pirate maps? I've got a few statues, pirhanas, crabs etc. Which I was thinking of setting up to a timer with lava to hopefully help me get the pirate map. Was also thinking of making the Ocean a hallow one to try and get the key. Would that work?

I don't think statue farms work for drops that aren't normal for the spawned mobs, by design.

Otherwise you could easily farm souls, biome chest keys, etc.

If you have one pirate map, though, you can summon them at the ocean, and the mobs are more likely to drop more maps to keep it going.

Didn't realise you could spawn them at the ocean..just always thought the events attacked near the worlds spawn point. Makes sense what you've said about the statue farm though..glad I didn't waste any time waiting for them to drop haha!

I think only the goblin army wants to move to the center spawn.

One other detail - I think the pirates will only spawn if there is an NPC housed nearby (edit: I could be wrong about this part)

One other detail - I think the pirates will only spawn if there is an NPC housed nearby (edit: I could be wrong about this part)

The wiki indicates the pirates actually spawn near the edges of the map, and the announcement "the pirates have arrived" is specifically when they reach an NPC house. Likewise for goblins and the Frost Legion (not the Frost Moon). My understanding is that they start at the edge of the map and basically keep moving until they reach you or get to the center of the map. I suspect that if you're underground, they will just congregate at the world spawn -- I know goblins have waited for me there when I just stayed underground for a day or so after getting the notice of a goblin invasion, but I'm not sure if they'd have gone to my own spawn point if it wasn't near the middle.

Back
Top Bottom