Other Literature SYNTHESIS - UNIVERSE 107

{Hmm... this one's labelled as CoreStudies...? I wonder what that means...}

<RECEIVING TRANSMISSION>

[VARIOUS INDISTINCT CONVERSATIONS CAN BE HEARD, THIS RECORD LIKELY TAKES PLACE IN A SOMEWHAT BUSY AREA]

"Neva, are the plans for the Opus nearly finished? We're approaching our deadline fast."

"Nearly, sir. The leak went well; the public are clueless, and so is Ms. Dormikov. The Opus is coming along nicely; we've just got to finish some airlock system planning until we can begin construction."

"Very good."
"We need to rid ourselves of that woman soon, Neva."

"I know, sir."

<END OF TRANSMISSION>

{This one's labelled "Important", it's from a few days after the last one.}

<RECEIVING TRANSMISSION>

"Neva, where did she go? Did she leave early? I haven't been able to find her all day."

"Sir, Nikolia didn't even come in to work today. It seems Erika's gone from our local systems, too."

":red: :red:
:red:, that little :red:! She knows! Find her!"

"Yes, sir."

<
END OF TRANSMISSION ONE>

<TRANSMISSION TWO>

"N-N-N-Nikolia, are you sure?"

"I'm sure, Erika. I know what they're doing. I managed to get a hold on the Magnum Opus plans; it's not what they say it is. Here, I'll upload it to your filebank."

[A SHORT PAUSE FOLLOWS]

"O-O-O-Oh no, oh no, oh no... we need to stop them! But how? How could me, you and Kiwi stop a corporation like CoreStudies?! T-T-T-They probably have a hitman after you as we speak!"

"Then I make it so they can't find me...
... remember the Synthites? We need to start looking into those."

<END OF TRANSMISSION TWO>

<RECEIVING TRANSMISSION>

"Sir, she went through with it. They're everywhere."

":red:! Ugh... see how much you can get rid of."

"Sir, there's no point. It's literally everywhere. She leaked the plans on every social media site I can think of."

"There's no point turning back now, Neva. Finish construction; they still don't have the construction site's location."

"No, but they probably will soon. I'll see if we can try pick up the pace a bit."

"Good."

<END OF TRANSMISSION>

<[DZZZZZZZT]>

"Sir, we can't track her. She's disappeared off our tracker list."

"What do you mean, Neva? She would've had to kill herself to get that tracker out."

"I don't know sir, but the tracker's gone offline. We thought she might've tried EMPing it, but the tracker's been offline for hours now."

"Try using her last known location to triangulate."

"That's... not how that works."

"Whatever. Find her."

"Yes, sir."

<
END OF TRANSMISSION>

{Huh, the next few files have scene transcriptions. I'll make sure those make it into my transcripts.}

{Oh, this is where she- ah, I see now.}
{For anyone reading this transcript, anything in
[bolded square brackets] is the scene transcription.}

[A garage, with various computers and pieces of technology and equipment lying around. A large device sits on the floor, and two projected consciousnesses can be seen as holograms, tinkering with the device with robotic limbs.]

"Are we sure this is going to work, Kiwi?"

"No clue, Erika. But we need to try. Her consciousness is sitting inside the chip; we're nearly done. As long as we get the projectors right, we should be good to go."

"G-G-God, I hope so."

[After about 20 minutes, the device is powered on, and it floats in the air for a few seconds. A whirring sound is heard, as the synthite projectors power on, and a rotating holographic shape is formed around the device, shielding it from view.]
"Well as far as I can tell, you managed to get it right. I've got the setup menu here and it doesn't look like there's any corruption issues."

"N-N-Nikolia? Is that you?"

"Of course it's me. Who else?"

[The rotating sphere morphs into Nikolia's human appearance, with a few changes; holographic and almost translucent, with a few minor physical differences to her previous body type.]

"At least we got the code right. Not gonna lie, I was a bit worried I might've accidentally corrupted some of it in the transfer."

"Ah, don't worry about it, Kiwi. Everything looks set. We have our first Sprite now; me!"
"Alright, now we need to find the location of that construction site."

"I-I-I-I might have an idea..."

Back
Top Bottom