Tell me about the friends you made because of Terraria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sander

Official Terrarian
I made a lot of really good friend thanks to the Terraria community.
Most from public servers and then we would do a 1 on 1 playthrough and thats always a lot of fun.

Any interesting stories? i love to hear them.

Pretty much the same as yours I met a guy and we did different play throughs and challenges. Pretty fun times, haven't talked to him for a while though.

Well there is an app called terraria online, which essentially allows you to make servers for the mobile, but there is also a chat on the app itself, so I've made many friends from talking to people on that chat and playing with them

I haven't really thought about it before, but now that i have, i've realized how much terraria has changed my life. I don't talk to many of my irl friends outside of school, but i always have steam to cheer me up after homework. Almost every friend on my steam list (but that list has been shrinking as i dont talk to most of them) plays terraria with me. I can't even begin to think how boring and sad i would be without this game. Hell, it has helped me through a small depression. don't know where i would be if i'm still like that.

i have a smart technical friend who always supports me with providing things outside of battle and i have a lazy but funny friend that always leroy jenkins's with me into a moon event. i have some friends who spend their entire day building massive structures. these people are what make me so happy. they would spend hours helping me dig a minecart track underground or build a farm for duke fishron or whatever i ask. while we don't talk about it, we're pretty good friends. we've always acted like we're just some acquaintances who met while playing omegalodon a few years ago.

sorry for rambling, i just wanted to say it.

The Terraria community is awesome. I remember joining TO three years ago and applying for servers, posting randomly, and eventually getting involved with the community feedback area. I meet a lot of cool people back then who I still talk to on a daily basis. I really don't think I'll be able to forget them.

Leading the Terrarian Times was also a great way to meet new people and get to know the community more closely. It was great giving the oppurtunity to people who wanted to help TO get involved. It was my way of giving back to the community after countless fun moments.

All in all, this game - and it's community - has changed me as a person. Thanks for being awesome.

I used to play on this server (will go back to it one I get a working laptop) that I found via steam. Called Tenton01's Terraria Extravaganze. I built a friendship with not only the system leader Tenton01, but with well over a dozen other Terrarians playing PVP, building contests, various made-on-the-fly games like hunting and hiding, survival, Godslaying, and many more. We built worlds together. We built cities together. I miss those guys a lot. It was Terraria and that server that got me into Steam Gaming.

Like no one because I'm the only one in my neighbourhood that plays terraria.
Doesn't have to be irl friends. I forced all my irl friends to at least try a cracked version (i know its bad but i have bought the game) see if they liked it and a lot of my irl friends did (they bought the game like a few months later). Some didn't but hey, there loss. I made a lot of online friends as well. Most of my steam friends are from terraria. you should try going on some public server and make some online friends. they are great!

The friends I've made because of Terraria...

2MmXygH.jpg

I've made some very dear people as friend, in fact its no stretch of the imagination for me to say that BECAUSE of Terraria I was able to actually make friend. These friends, they all helped shape and change my life, and even though many of them are not my friend anymore, don't talk to me, have drifted away due to time, whatever the reason. I still think of them fondly and consider them friends, time cant erase the amazing things that happened by meeting them all, and I still and always will cherish my memories of them. Terraria has given me a lot in the way of friends, and I feel I owe the game a lot because of that.

2MmXygH.jpg

I've made some very dear people as friend, in fact its no stretch of the imagination for me to say that BECAUSE of Terraria I was able to actually make friend. These friends, they all helped shape and change my life, and even though many of them are not my friend anymore, don't talk to me, have drifted away due to time, whatever the reason. I still think of them fondly and consider them friends, time cant erase the amazing things that happened by meeting them all, and I still and always will cherish my memories of them. Terraria has given me a lot in the way of friends, and I feel I owe the game a lot because of that.

Wow. that picture is amazing. did you draw it? and that story is amazing. the Terraria community is a great place.

I met a guy pretty early into release on a RPG-styled multiplayer server back in 2011 or so. Still talk to him and occasionally play WoW with him to this date.

2MmXygH.jpg

That is an amazing picture, makes me want to know how to draw. I don't know any of those people and can still tell the personalities of them all.

Friends are cool :dryadhappy:

This game introduced me to one of my closest friends :dryadsmile: One friend introduced me to the server that led me to meting him, but I doubt I would still be playing if I didnt find him :dryadtongue:

Everyone on here? I met because of terraria. And I am honestly glad, cuz #TheBanterTrio. What's the banter trio?three people. Three friends. That all follow each other. And chat. And stuff. Um. I AM THE GREAT INSERTUSERNAMEHERE AND...I will just stop being silly. But still. Shotte,sword bomb,met them cuz of terraria.

^ Just like Insert, a shout-out goes to the Banter... well, I'd say it's kind of expanding to be less of a Trio, more of a Quartet/Quintent/Sextet?!

There's Me (AKA tha leader ofc), Insert, my man Eaterofeaterofworlds, Swordbomb, Zeskorion and Darthmorf! Yeah, Banter Sextet ftw!

I've also gotta pay homage to some of my older Terraria buddies. I doubt any/many of them will read this, but I owe them a real debt. Primal Green, Dragan and Dark/Dan of the Jaynestown Community... even Andrew Min and Technob, I guess! ;D

It was years ago now, but we used to have a proper laugh while PvPing, and for that, I owe them one. A special thanks to Dragan, since courtesy of his (bad) influence, I'd say I saw a tangible change in my personality! It sounds kinda sad, but swapping all of that constant #banter and witty jokes with him really helped me to become much more of a laugh in 'tha Real World' as well! Hell, before him I used to be kinda an introverted dude... used to just sweat it out in class and call it day! Now, I'm a lazy-:red: git, but at least I have a load of friends to show for it! :p

And of course, the good men and women of the sadly now extinct TSGE community. Chris Yu, Bit, Jay, Nexus... gotta say, the list goes on here. Mostly thanks to them for putting up with my then GINORMOUS ego! A thanks to Reflex and Kyro, who similarily sported GINORMOUS egos, for showing me that it was pretty dumb to behave in that manner! And cheers to atom0s for hosting that server and putting up with our bullsh*t for so damn long.

Damn, the list goes on! Now we move on to all of my nerdy RP-server buddies. 20Hours/Ryan, Ka'aan/Jack, Rokuzo, PennyApple, Aeynia, Adioss and Lunicuss... I really enjoyed literally hours of my life being blown on that RP stuff! And Text RP brings us neatly back to the Banter Sextet, as well as all of the other Pimplords from Lone Tree and Dynasty of Data!

Welp, in short - I've chatted with a literal ton of great people through this game. I've never enjoyed being part of an online community as much as this one, and for that, you've all got my appreciation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom