Terra-Mech Mod - New Mounts, Items, Weapons, and "Event"

Hexadood

Terrarian
"When a big gun can't cut it, get more gun." - Me

This mod adds a new crafting "table", more along the lines of garage/mech studio. It can be upgraded without having to replace it, the upgrades give access to higher ranking machinery to add to your mech.

-You can build the "table" out of 50 wood, 20 stone, 40 iron, 60 wire, and a furnace. (Expensive as f**k but it's gonna be worth it.) and is a 20/20 block table and has an interface for building the mech and adding new upgrades, weapons, and abilities.

-You can build a mech out of these items

• Arm - These can vary from wood to Luminite, each with different stats and defense.

• Legs - Same for the arms, but the stats can depict it's running speed, jump height, and dash force.

• Helmet* - These are for really big mechs, either that or the exoskeletons. Also can be made from wood to Luminite.

• Core - Your first core will mainly be either a Steam Engine or a Magma Generator. These are very important, it's what powers your mech. (Obviously)

Weapons - This is where it gets REALLY FUN. Weapons/Tools can be the mechs fists at first. But it get's pretty cool later on...

• -Iron/Silver GrandSword - Dmg: 50 - Knockback: Strong - Speed: Dependant on the strength of the mech's arm. Material

• -Drill (Iron, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Demonite/Crimtane, Hellstone, and All Hardmode bars as well)- Dmg: 20 - Knockback: Weak - Speed: Insane + Dependant on the strength of the mech's arm. Material - Description: "JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?"

• -Gold/Platinum GrandSword - Dmg: 65 - Knockback: Strong - Speed: Dependant on the strength of the mech's arm. Material

• -Day's End (Demonite Uchikatana) - Dmg: 75 - Knockback: Ludicrous - Speed: Dependant on the strength of the mech's arm. Material

• -Bloody Mary (Crimtane Battle Axe) - Dmg: 80 - Knockback: Insane - Speed: Dependant on the strength of the mech's arm, but usually slow. Material

• -Choir of the Damned (Hellstone MISSILE LAUNCHERS) Dmg: 100 - Knockback: Low - Speed: Really fast, follows the player's cursor whilst firing. Material

• -Cobalt Colt (Handgun) - Dmg: 110 - Knockback: Medium - Speed: Average. Material

• -Mythril Handcannon (Heavy Revolver) - Dmg: 200 - Knockback: Insane - Speed: Slow. Material

• -Adamantite Annihilator (Shoulder-Mounted Supercannon) - Dmg: 400 - Knockback: Insane x5 - Speed: Very Slow. Material

• -Holy Intervention (Hallowed Knuckledusters) Dmg: 300 - Knockback: Moderate - Speed: Slow but starts to wind up to insanely fast speeds. - Description: "ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!"

• -Spinjig Suckerpunch (Golem Fists) Dmg: 400 - Knockback: INSANE - Speed: Slow - Boss Drop
The crafting area, which is only obtained through a trade with a new NPC, can only fit into a 20 by 20 block area. This is where everything is built for the mod. You cannot craft this until the first boss is beaten, which the new NPC will come soon afterward. The NPC is called the Engineer, which resembles a man in his teens, with a pair glasses, wearing clothes that are somewhat reminiscent of the Steampunker. You can buy the item “Mech Bay Blueprints” for 10 gold. He also sells special items such as “Mech Repair Kit” and the wooden to gold tier Mech Parts ranging from 20 gold(Wooden) to 2 platinum(Gold) per part. Once you build the Mech Bay, he’ll take up residence in it and help you out with advice on what to do with your new Mech Bay. Once you do build it and his claims it as his home, talk to him and he’ll give you a free Mech Chassis.

Mech Bay - This station is a very big, and very high-tech. Here, you will build your mechs and thrive as a Mech Engineer! The Mech Bay is, as you can remember from what I said before, a 20 by 20 block tall/wide station where the Engineer will take residence with. To start your Mech, add the chassis by selecting it and putting it in the glowing, pulsing square. Upon clicking, you will be greeted by a GUI with three choices. Light, Normal, and Heavy. These are the mech classes that will depict the equipment, abilities, speed, and strength of your mech. Light is, obviously, very lightweight and fast. Normal is the basic chassis, which is a good mixture of armor and speed. Heavy has the most offensive and armor capabilities but is slower than the others. This cannot be reversed later on, so choose wisely! Once you do, watch the mechanical arms grab the chassis pieces and put it all together! Place the core into the mech’s chassis and watch its system power on. Climb up the ladder onto the bridge to hop into the mech (featuring a new animation, a little somersault as your character lands into the control module) as the machine flicks on with a flash of light. You now have gained control over your new mech!
There will be a little tutorial pop-up to help guide you through the controls and abilities.
(WASD) - Move
(Mouse 1) - Attack/Use Tool
(Mouse 2) - Use Ability
(Space) - Jump
(Shift) - Sprint
(Space+Shift) - Leap
(Shift x2) - Dash
(Control) - Crouch
(Attack x2) - Double Strike
(Attack x3) - Triple Strike
(Attack x3 + Dash) - Power Strike
(Jump + Dash + Attack + Crouch) - Kinetic Slam

Weapons and abilities will take EP (Equipment Points). In order to make sure people don’t have 50 of the best weapon, I created EP to balance the weapons out. Basic weapons such as pistols and swords have low EP and can be equipped with other weapons as well. Normal and Heavy take more EP due to their strength and prowess. Normal can be equipped multiple times if there is enough EP. Heavy can only be equipped once to balance things out and make it less overpowered. Abilities are different. Mechs have Energy and create heat, and using abilities takes energy and causes Heat. Too much heat will cause the mech to slow down or even stop to cool down. Spent energy will return like Mana, but if you use all of your energy, you must wait longer for it to recharge. Abilities vary from different attacks that buff you and hinder others. These are restricted by PR or Power Rating. Abilities can be powered shields, powerful attacks, buffs, or even ultimate combos. These allow you to completely customize your playstyle. At the Ability Terminal (crafting bench from the NPC as well[12 gold]) you can make new abilities, combine them into Combo Abilities, or even apply new attack combos to your mech! Abilities and Equipment can completely change the tide of the battle, and that's what makes them so powerful!

Up next, I will be going over the Hardmode expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea of mech suits, though I feel like the best way to do it in Terraria is have them as mounts, you can just uncraft them and craft them to change what parts you have.
Actually the hardest part of that is just making the mount and the sprites for it... this could be done with my skill level of 5%!

Maybe.

I like the idea of mech suits, though I feel like the best way to do it in Terraria is have them as mounts, you can just uncraft them and craft them to change what parts you have.
Actually the hardest part of that is just making the mount and the sprites for it... this could be done with my skill level of 5%!

Maybe.

Let’s make this dream something that all of us can enjoy! Let’s work together to make this dream come true! (Even if I have no skills in coding) We can pierce the expectations and make a mod that's so amazing, it rivals Calamity!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a suggestion (and sprited it, not very skillfully though) post Planetaria, 100% percent drop chance, only dropped once per world. increases mech speeds, damage, mele speed and defense by 10%. I have no knowing if this would fit in, or where it should fit in, or if the stats are too high/low.
edit: forgot to add in the sprite *sigh*
[/
ad020c60dab6edf.png
]
if image is broken http://pixelartmaker.com/art/ad020c60dab6edf.png

Last edited:
I've got a suggestion (and sprited it, not very skillfully though) post Planetaria, 100% percent drop chance, only dropped once per world. increases mech speeds, damage, mele speed and defense by 10%. I have no knowing if this would fit in, or where it should fit in, or if the stats are too high/low.
edit: forgot to add in the sprite *sigh*
[/
ad020c60dab6edf.png
]
if image is broken http://pixelartmaker.com/art/ad020c60dab6edf.png

The idea is great, it just seems like the way the item looks wouldn't fit the theme. If it looked like the jungle spore sprite (not the item, the actual block) just more mechanical, or even some sort of engine that would serve as a way to overclock the system of the mech would make a bit more sense. As for the stats, I think it would have almost a nanite protection system. Upon being hit, it would release either A. spores that damage and poison enemies. Or B. Nanites that slow down and kill enemies. But still, it's a great idea. Not to mention the fact that you're one of the people who is dedicating time to this simple idea that was just for fun. Either way, thank you.

What is it was made with some souls of might which would make it for in and a little harder to get. Also, who realistically if gonna look for 40 iron/lead = 40 x 3 = 120 ore

Last edited:
Lemme know if anything happens with this mod! Sounds weird but cool! I recommend having more weapons than swords and (unless you tell me we'll be able to break blocks with them), otherwise it'll be cool but ineffectual. Perhaps some ranged lasery weapons?

Back
Top Bottom