tModLoader [1.3] TerraClasses mod

Both. Ideas could improve the mod, and make it cooler. Coding would too.
Both have the possibility of adding extra content to the mod, and make it bigger and more branchy.

For class unlocks, how about they unlock upon meeting certain criteria? Such as x amount of bosses or enemies with the weapon type, or even gathering materials to craft one of the types? Considering that each type is obtainable without slaying a boss, I think either one would work. Just some thoughts.

I don't know if people would be happy if you had to kill Eye of Cthulhu 100 times to unlock a class.
The idea of the lore books is to not only give you tasks, but also let you know what you need to do to unlock that class.
I have to say though, the thing of having to find lore books to find out about a class existence doesn't really pleases me, beside finding the book adds a bit more of exploration aspect to the mod. (Also, spriting the books sucks)

I launched an update that may make the mod a bit more interesting to play on multiplayer:
The mod will now send exp acquired on multiplayer to those who helped taking down the monsters.
Beside exp will now be sent correctly to people who attacked the monsters, the rest of the syncs related to skills still wont work right now.
I still need to work on further improving the multiplayer aspect of the mod, since when I developed the skills, I made them all without thinking of that possibility.

Have fun.

Update launched for this mod too!
Fixed Overprice skill giving an incorrect status boost.
Hoplite, Arachnomancer and Vilemancer classes are now playable.
-> Those classes have skills missing, and 2 of them got one of their skills removed due to issues.
-> They are still playable, and should prove useful for anyone who tries it.
I made 3 wip classes actually be playable.
I had to disable 2 skills, but added about 3 more too. Hoplite class actually is quite disappointing, since
has 2 passives and 1 active skill, but might prove useful for those wanting a quite tanky and damage dealey class.

When the book says "hunt", what exactly does it mean. It's not kill and I'm clearly not smart enough to figure it out. Specifically for the mage book "hunt 6 vultures".

Hey guys, sorry for this late announcement, but I was quite a moron and forgot to post it.

I made a partnership with BisectHosting, and they will offer you 25% discount on your first month buying your first server.
How can you get that? Easy, just visit Minecraft Server Hosting - BisectHosting [433+ Modpacks] and
input the code nakano15 when buying your first server.

With BisectHosting, they can let you host and manage your server with ease, removing the lags and issues caused from hosting the server by yourself, and also allow 24/7 access to anyone you want to invite to your gameplay.
They allow you to host servers for Terraria, Minecraft, and many other games I probably never played before.

If you want to try that out, you can join the server I modded specially for my mods players and their friends.
Open tModLoader, and insert this ip to join:

69.174.97.104:7005

The server itself was provided for free as part of the partnership with BisectHosting, and has a special mod made by me to make it more interesting, even though close to vanilla. You don't need to download any mods, since they will be downloaded once you try logging in.

I hope you guys like the experience, and don't forget to get a server from those guys if you need one to play with friends.

Back
Top Bottom