Working as Designed Terraformer map discovery range isn't the same length as the spray

Terramatic

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 11
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I'm not too sure if this is a bug or not, but when you fire the terraformer the amount of darkness on the map that is revealed is much shorter than the actual range of it.

So if you terraform with it with the typical multiple hellevators strat, it leaves massive dark areas so you have to assume that it has cleared it.

In the end I had to do 120 tile gaps between the shafts to uncover the map correctly to verify that the crimson/hallow had been removed.

It's based on your current view distance, as the visible map-revealing reach can be extended by equipping and using a sniper scope. As such I'm pretty sure it isn't a bug, even if it would be nice to have the default map range extended.

Cave Wizard has it correct; Terraformer simply lights up area which then shows up on your map. No matter how far Terraformer or any other projectile travels doing so, it has a maximum visual limit pre-determined by the player.

Back
Top Bottom