1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TCF will be undergoing a scheduled software and server upgrade on September 26, 2019 beginning at 9:00AM GMT. TCF may be unavailable for an extended period after this time. More information can be found here. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, we will try to keep the downtime short.

Adventure Terraquest: a terraria adventure map

Discussion in 'General Map Discussion' started by Awesomesauce 9000, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Awesomesauce 9000

Awesomesauce 9000 Eye of Cthulhu

"Terraquest": A terraria adventure map
    Capture 2018-08-29 10_27_06.png
    This Legend of Zelda - based map focuses on exploring dungeons and solving puzzles. you are an ordinary man, who is sent on a quest to save the Terra Lands from impending doom and stop the dark lord from reawakening. this map features:
    - 8 unique dungeons to explore
    - exciting designs
    -lots of optional side quests
    -a bunch of hidden secrets
    -a manual "hardcore mode" where you can choose to skip out on items or fight multiple bosses at once.
    -a couple game- changing decisions.

there are a few bugs with the maps. i could not find any way to fix them at all, so no hate please.
    -the 1- second timers will turn off every time i exit the world, no matter how many times i activate them.
    -long text will bug out on the announcement boxes, only showing 1/4 of the speech
    -some of the bosses will not spawn, or despawn after few seconds.
    -some of the teleporters might bug out
    If you have any suggestions or know how to fix these bugs, please let me know.

this map was made without T edit or mods. also, this is my very first Terraria adventure map, so please show your support! [took 2 months to make, made the map solo.]

Download

how to download:
    - download the wld file from here!
    -open your worlds folder. it should be in documents/my games/terraria/worlds
    -paste the file into the worlds folder
    -open terraria, and the whole map should be there!

screenshots:
    Capture 2018-08-29 10_29_43.png

Capture 2018-08-29 10_33_27.png

Capture 2018-08-29 10_36_57.png

Capture 2018-08-29 11_40_22.png

Attached Files:

Aiflynn likes this.
  2. Awesomesauce 9000

hey guys. thanks for playing my map! I really appreciate it!

3. Cjjedik

Cjjedik Steampunker

As far as the text box glitch goes, couldn't you change it to be 4 or more separate announcement boxes that activate sequentially?

So, "blah blah (1/4)" then "blah blah (2/4)" and so on (not necessarily with the numbers).

4. Awesomesauce 9000

thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to use this in my next map [yes i will be making a sequel] :)

5. Awesomesauce 9000

it seems some text is way too big to fit in the chat box, even with multiple announcement boxes. it only shows the last part of the text. th only way i can fix this is if i use regular signs

6. Cjjedik

Cjjedik Steampunker

I don't know terraria's wiring system too well, but maybe you could have a delay between each announcement box activating so that people can read the text before the next box activates.

7. Awesomesauce 9000

I have looked at the wiki, and there doesn't seem to be a mechanism that delays wire signals.

8. Tutajkk

Tutajkk Terrarian

There are many ways to delay signals; Timers, Dart Traps shooting Teal Pads, Boulders, etc.