tModLoader Terrarchitect

Nice. I see no disadvantage to that. The catalog is cheap enough that even if we forget where we put it, it can just be crafted again without a problem. At least it doesn't require a book item from the Dungeon.

Yeah, if we carried the catalog to any NPC, they'd sell the decoration items. Without it, they wouldn't sell them at all.

The player would also need to know that they can craft it and require it in the first place. Having it already placed on the ground when the player creates a new world would be the most useful thing, as well as having its new features in its tooltip would be the best bet, I think.

The tavernkeep's shop is completely filled in vanilla (at least, once you beat Golem and unlocks the tier 3 armors and sentries). That's why if you add anything to his shop, it'll either not show up or replace stuff.

A solution would be to make things conditional. Don't show any of the armors and sentries if the player is carrying the Terrarchitect Catalogue, that way you can put additional stuff in there. Then without the catalogue, it's the vanilla Tavernkeep shop that is accessed.
A mod that I highly recommend that takes care of issues like this is Shop Expander, it recently got ported to 1.4 and can be found on the Workshop. It will allow NPCs to offer nearly an infinite numbers of items by creating new pages for the shop everytime it would otherwise overflow. Almost an essential mod when playing with multiple bigger mods.

Nice. I see no disadvantage to that. The catalog is cheap enough that even if we forget where we put it, it can just be crafted again without a problem. At least it doesn't require a book item from the Dungeon.

Yeah, if we carried the catalog to any NPC, they'd sell the decoration items. Without it, they wouldn't sell them at all.

The player would also need to know that they can craft it and require it in the first place. Having it already placed on the ground when the player creates a new world would be the most useful thing, as well as having its new features in its tooltip would be the best bet, I think.
I should edit the mod's description again to state that the Shop Expander mod is highly recommended to use in tandem with Terrarchitect, it's almost indispensable at this point. :)

why does shinobi infiltrator pants get replaced with beer mug in tavernkeep shop?
As already stated, this most likely happens due to the NPC's inventory overflowing due to too many items being set to be sold there and so some disappear. The best solution to this is to install the Shop Expander mod. It's probably one of the most useful mods in general for Terraria and is highly recommended for modded playthroughs in general, not just in conjunction with Terrarchitect. :) Hope that helps.

From what I've seen, most of the research values are messed up and incorrect. Is there a way for me to help with this?

From what I've seen, most of the research values are messed up and incorrect. Is there a way for me to help with this?
Hey there! I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean the amount of items you need to research in Journey Mode in order to "unlock" an item? Do you mean that their research doesn't work as intended or do you just think that the values we set are suboptimal?

I mean that the amount of items required in order to "unlock" it are (according to the base game) incorrect. For example, the walls need 10 to research, rather than the 400 most walls need to be researched. The same goes for many of the other objects your mod adds.

I mean that the amount of items required in order to "unlock" it are (according to the base game) incorrect. For example, the walls need 10 to research, rather than the 400 most walls need to be researched. The same goes for many of the other objects your mod adds.
Oh I see. Well I personally don't consider that incorrect, it's just a personal design choice I made because it doesn't matter that much to me where the research values are set at. Yeah it diverges a lot from how vanilla Terraria handles it but it's just not something I'm massively concerned with tbh. If a lot of people had approached me about it, wanting it to be changed, that'd be a different story but for now it's not something high on my priority list and so I just went with the same value for all items. :)

Back
Top Bottom