Terraria 1.3.0.6 Summoner solo expert mode Moon Lord

adaxe

Terrarian
With endgame gears, summoner can stand still and beat ML before get killed.

When lucky, ML is down in 35 seconds:

If I can find a Frozen Turtle Shell and some more heart statues, I might be able to do this with pre-ML gears.

A vid showing how I solo the whole expert Lunar Events:

Last edited:
Nice videos! Gives me the thought that I might be able to actually perform a summoner play through.

Also, not that it matters, but your last video in your post has the microphone audio in it and I don't think it's needed to be recorded since you don't talk. It makes the video less entertaining hearing a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with the video.

Nice videos! Gives me the thought that I might be able to actually perform a summoner play through.

Also, not that it matters, but your last video in your post has the microphone audio in it and I don't think it's needed to be recorded since you don't talk. It makes the video less entertaining hearing a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with the video.

Thanks for the suggestion! I am going to make another video about Lunar Events when I have time.

Last edited:
Stardust Dragon, Worm Scarf, Shiny Stone, Cross Necklace, Ankh Shield.
Should've been pretty obvious to me, I know the power of those items.

"Summoners are garbage" they said.

With stardust gear summoner got an awesome boost, but that's not the point, Stardust is end-game and that's like 1% of the summoner class walkthrough...
try to defeat expert Eye of Cthulhu with what, a Slime staff?, killing WoF with 3 imps? or trying to defeat for the first time an expert mechanic boss with bee armor and 4 imps?? and even with that being possible is not as equally efficient as doing the same with melee, magic or ranged gear...

what I'm trying to say, yeah it's good that summoner got decent gear at last!(just as expected), but what about the rest? summoner items doesn't even have exclusive modifier!

Summoner is not garbage, but summoner gameplay it's not finished either...

and Great video!! I have a question anyway, is there a reason why you do the mimic farm at the beggining of the video? is it to get the buff from nebula armor?

Last edited:
With stardust gear summoner got an awesome boost, but that's not the point, Stardust is end-game and that's like 1% of the summoner class walkthrough...
try to defeat expert Eye of Cthulhu with what, a Slime staff?, killing WoF with 3 imps? or trying to defeat for the first time an expert mechanic boss with bee armor and 4 imps?? and even with that being possible is not as equally efficient as doing the same with melee, magic or ranged gear...

what I'm trying to say, yeah it's good that summoner got decent gear at last!(just as expected), but what about the rest? summoner items doesn't even have exclusive modifier!

Summoner is not garbage, but summoner gameplay it's not finished either...

and Great video!! I have a question anyway, is there a reason why you do the mimic farm at the beggining of the video?

The dragon itself is pre ML, and the armor doesn't give it THAT much damage that it'd be unviable without.

Not to mention, summoners are 100% intended to use other weapons, but I'm not gonna debate that in this thread. Posters can feel that a summoner should ONLY be allowed to use minions or else they aren't pure, but they are provably wrong.

and Great video!! I have a question anyway, is there a reason why you do the mimic farm at the beggining of the video? is it to get the buff from nebula armor?

Yes, you are right. Since I don't have frozen turtle shell and heart statues, I have to take advantage of everything I can get.

Beautiful job. :)
You motivated me so much that I had to try out killing ML with summoner gear (Hybrid) too, and it went better than I expected.

Wow, this is impressive. People often underestimate the power of summoner weapons. Nice tactic.

Still, I think it's more fun to fight him without farms like this. I like to challenge myself.

Yeh summons are awesome, I did normal moonlord a few days ago with 420 Health, TIki armor, Stardust Dragon, Solar eruption, Pygmy Necklace, Worm Scarf, Celestial stone, Spore Sac & Hercules Beetle.
My arena was just an about 300 block skybridge that I flew back and forth under with cosmic car key
By buff potions were like Ironskin, Regeneration, Endurance & well fed... and the bewitching table/sharpening stone.

After I got stardust armor and the Summon accessories from pumpkin moon he goes down before I die even without me supporting the dragon.

Gave this a try tonight and it is fun to do once you have all the gear together.

I forgot the honey and it worked 2 out of 3 times with roughly the same gear and just basic potions. I didn't really min/max the summons or potions or anything, so I think it can get to 100% reliable with honey, endurance, and the life potion -- i generally don't use the fishing potions, but nothing better to do end game I guess.

Got Stardust Dragon up to 160 display damage... i think that is the max able to summon. It was doing 6-7k summoning in 140-150 range.

Cells would be 242 at that level probably 2-3k DPS, but they can't match the dragon for boss damage. Love them for general use though.

Back
Top Bottom