PC Terraria 1.3.5.3 crashes after 5 -10 min of gameplay

PoochMx

Terrarian
Hi everyone, hope anyone can help me with this issue, else I'm getting a refund. I bought this game a week ago. I started playing normally, but since a few days ago, the game crashes after barely 5 mins, 10 tops. Any idea what might be the issue?

Hey there,

Could you enable logging using the method below then trigger the crash for me? Then upload the log here so I can take a look at it.

0eiPNMV.jpg

Error Logging Enabled.
================
1/3/2019 12:47:19 PM: First-Chance Exception
Culture: en-US
Exception: System.IO.IOException: Controlador no válido.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
================

Resolution changed to: 1366x768.
================
03/ene./2019 12:58:20: First-Chance Exception
Culture: es-MX
Exception: System.IO.IOException: El proceso no puede obtener acceso al archivo 'C:\Users\José\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds\Colorinland.wld' porque está siendo utilizado en otro proceso.
en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
================

================
03/ene./2019 12:58:20: Unhandled Exception
Culture: es-MX
Exception: System.IO.IOException: El proceso no puede obtener acceso al archivo 'C:\Users\José\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds\Colorinland.wld' porque está siendo utilizado en otro proceso.
en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
en System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
en System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
en Terraria.Utilities.FileUtilities.Write(String path, Byte[] data, Int32 length, Boolean cloud)
en Terraria.IO.WorldFile.saveWorld(Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime)
en Terraria.WorldGen.saveAndPlayCallBack(Object threadContext)
en System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
en System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
en System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
en System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
================

Btw, I thought it was just a crash, but I always reappear at the same spot, a place where I immediately build a door, and any constructions or terrain modifications are gone. HOWEVER, My inventory is saved. I walked like crazy, found a chest, got the items. Then the game crashed, I tried it again and now I have those items! So, It actually tries to save the game, but it does it partially? Not sure about that...

Alright let's change the save directory and try that. We're changing the save directory to the install directory so if someone ever tells you go to \Documents\My Games\Terraria for your saves you'll actually go to the place you installed it to.

Add the following command to the steam game launch options: "- savedirectory saves" without the quotes.

Launch the game, modify your settings, then close the game. You'll now need to transfer your old saves to the new location. Your old saves will be at: \Documents\My Games\Terraria and your new saves will be in a sub directory where you installed the game. The default install directory for steam is C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria. You'll post paste your world and players folder in the directory called saves.

That all make sense?

I assumed it would be "-savedirectory", like without a space right after the hyphen?

Launch the game, modify your settings, then close the game.

I just selected a language and changed one or two settings, then closed the game. Was that enough? I then copied the savegame files as suggested, then went back to the game. They were there, as well as the crash :( I'll paste the new error log in a separate post.

You did it correctly, when you let me know what the new error is I can help you resolve it. I imagine it will be a permissions and rights issue but I'll need to see the new error to be sure.

Not sure what happened now! I tried to replicate the crash, it didn't happen now... I'll play a few times today before calling it fixed, but thanks in advance for your time! :)

If it ever comes back I'll be here and we'll address it together. Enjoy the game! :happy:

Back
Top Bottom