3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

@Deanzor I know there was just a pretty big update, and a new hotfix to match, but it was really only for N3DS, so I was just wondering if there are any plans for any more updates, or if the game has just hit it's limit?
I hear they are looking VERY carefully at the New3DS as there is still more technical headroom on that device.

I hear they are looking VERY carefully at the New3DS as there is still more technical headroom on that device.
Maybe they could pull a classic Nintendo move and make certain boss fights or events only activate on expanded worlds, but still add the loot to both versions? That way, you'd still need a N3DS version to get the loot, but it wouldn't cause any additional multiplayer or hardware issues???

Last edited:
Maybe they could pull a classic Nintendo move, and make certain boss fights or events only activate on expanded worlds, but still add the loot to both versions? That way, you'd still need a N3DS version to get the loot, but it wouldn't cause any additional multiplayer or hardware issues???
Haha!A Nintendo Thing would be nice!But we will see...Main priorities for the 3DS will be Bug Patches and stuff....Unfortunately,all new updates bring in new bugs...So it is a must that the Team works tirelessly Day and Night to squish any And at all bugs...

They could make it so that when a OGDS and N3DS play together there's only content from the OG3DS version? That sounds hard to implement though. Although, I imagine N3DS exclusive content wont make people who have the OG3DS happy. So I don't know if there's any chance they will have exclusive content. We can still dream, though. :D

They could make it so that when a OGDS and N3DS play together there's only content from the OG3DS version? That sounds hard to implement though. Although, I imagine N3DS exclusive content wont make people who have the OG3DS happy. So I don't know if there's any chance they will have exclusive content. We can still dream, though. :D
Well they can always buy a New3DS eventually or if not,then I guess they're just gunna be behind...

Well they can always buy a New3DS eventually or if not,then I guess they're just gunna be behind...
Well, it's not like when the programmers for the console version dropped support for PS3 and XBox360 in favor of PS4 and XBox1. OG3DS and N3DS are the same system, just one has better specs, so I imagine it's not as simple as abandoning one in favor of the other.

Well, it's not like when the programmers for the console version dropped support for PS3 and XBox360 in favor of PS4 and XBox1. OG3DS and N3DS are the same system, just one has better specs, so I imagine it's not as simple as abandoning one in favor of the other.
You could be right.:)

On the third post it mentions an "altar crash", would anyone by chance know what that was about?
Supposedly an altar can spawn on the very edge of the world, like halfway off the map and that makes the game crash when it tries to render it. (Or atleast thats what I can tell)

More info about the map crash : Main world is extended, new world is normal.

Probably works vise-versa.

@Deanzor any progress on this crash-inducing bug being patched?

Last edited:
Supposedly an altar can spawn on the very edge of the world, like halfway off the map and that makes the game crash when it tries to render it. (Or atleast thats what I can tell)

That seems possible, I have had some wacky Temple spawns in my small worlds.

1.05 is imminent, so let's get get that out there and see if people are still getting serious issues after that. I'm on holiday this afternoon and tomorrow, but I'll check in over the weekend and see how things are looking.

The patches are approved by Nintendo. EU/Aus release date is Tuesday Dec 20th, Americas patch should be out sooner but I don't have a locked date yet.

Excuse me but about the piranha gun not locking onto enemies. What exactly caused the bug for it not locking on in 1.0.4? In 1.0.3 it worked perfectly fine and latched onto the enemy when I've used it vs fishron. Good job on the 1.0.5 patch so far it looks very promising.

What weapon did you have equipped before you selected the anvil?

The glitch only happens when you switch from certain weapons/tools and then select the Anvil (same thing happens to Tropheys, some furniture and many more items). This doesn't have to be in precision mode either, this glitch can happen in your inventory when a certain weapon/tool is in the first slot of your hot bar.

I tested the anvil glitch you mentioned. I had the Phoenix Blaster in my hand, then I selected the anvil. The anvil dissapeard. But when I select the anvil when I was holding a different block/furniture/most weapons and tools in my hand, the anvil didn't dissapear. Again, for the inventory glitch, the anvils dissapeard when I had the Phoenix Blaster in the first slot of my hotbar and then I selected the anvil and left the inventory menu.

Certain weapons and tools create the same glitch to what the blaster does. Can you find out what weapon/tool you had in your hand before you selected the anvil? Not every glitched weapon/tool affects the same items. The vampire knifes doesn't affect furniture like the blaster does, it affects other items instead.

I don't remember which was the first, but I'm trying to replicate the bug, and now it happened with the Flamarang at the first place in my hotbar items!

Back
Top Bottom