3DS Terraria 3DS: Is Golem Worth It?

Tremain123

Terrarian
I just beat Plantera and the next boss is Golem. I already have the Picksaw, and thats the only good loot from him. Is it worth the work to beat?

Sun stones can drop from golem, and they're used for making celestial shell, which provide 10% damage for all types, +4 defense, additional defense at night, health regen, and other "small" improvements to stats alongside a werewolf and merfolk transformation.

Possessed Hatchets are one of the best weapons you can get for melee at that point and beetle husk are used to transform turtle armor into beetle armor, a defense oriented armor with damage reduction buff in exchange for a somewhat minor loss of melee attack damage from turtle.

Picksaw is pretty unnecessary in hindsight, but incredibly useful for moving his altar to a more convenient place for spam. If you want to make Lihzahrd furniture, then you will need it or a more powerful pickaxe or drill.

His drops of beetle shells make good gold for the time it takes.

Nothing is too noteworthy except eye of the golem for crafting the destroyer emblem to craft into the sniper scope

Sun stones can drop from golem, and they're used for making celestial shell, which provide 10% damage for all types, +4 defense, additional defense at night, health regen, and other "small" improvements to stats alongside a werewolf and merfolk transformation.

Possessed Hatchets are one of the best weapons you can get for melee at that point and beetle husk are used to transform turtle armor into beetle armor, a defense oriented armor with damage reduction buff in exchange for a somewhat minor loss of melee attack damage from turtle.

Picksaw is pretty unnecessary in hindsight, but incredibly useful for moving his altar to a more convenient place for spam. If you want to make Lihzahrd furniture, then you will need it or a more powerful pickaxe or drill.

His drops of beetle shells make good gold for the time it takes.

Nothing is too noteworthy except eye of the golem for crafting the destroyer emblem to craft into the sniper scope
Due note that beetle has an offense oriented variant and a defense oriented variant
Celestial shell was an upgrade added in 1.3 so I don't think that will be available for him... that said the celestial stone is craftable from a sun stone and moon stone and would always be 100% worth it for an accessory slot(you forgot to mention the bonus to mining speed and the minion buff as those are unique bonuses to the celestial stone and its upgrade).

The Stynger is an excellent rocket launcher variant focused on explosive shrapnel so it is also worth considering for usage note it only uses its own ammo akin to several other specialized ranged weapons(The ammo can be bought from NPC's if the weapon is in your inventory in all cases)

The Heat Ray is also a pretty good late game magic weapon so it would also be worth consideration if you play that way

The destroyer emblem honest has merit on its own for full damage stacking

Really the only "bad" Golem Drops are the Golem Fist(which is outright terrible and inferior to Flairon) and the Staff of Earth(which is too situational to actually use)

Due note that beetle has an offense oriented variant and a defense oriented variant
Celestial shell was an upgrade added in 1.3 so I don't think that will be available for him... that said the celestial stone is craftable from a sun stone and moon stone and would always be 100% worth it for an accessory slot(you forgot to mention the bonus to mining speed and the minion buff as those are unique bonuses to the celestial stone and its upgrade).

The Stynger is an excellent rocket launcher variant focused on explosive shrapnel so it is also worth considering for usage note it only uses its own ammo akin to several other specialized ranged weapons(The ammo can be bought from NPC's if the weapon is in your inventory in all cases)

The Heat Ray is also a pretty good late game magic weapon so it would also be worth consideration if you play that way

The destroyer emblem honest has merit on its own for full damage stacking

Really the only "bad" Golem Drops are the Golem Fist(which is outright terrible and inferior to Flairon) and the Staff of Earth(which is too situational to actually use)
I totally forgot about the Beetle Att buff. Thanks. I put small in parenthesis mostly because they seem pretty significant overall. If you do not have room to stack a stone and a shell then I believe a Destroyer Emblem would be a nice fit.

I was playing today, and found a glitch to beat him. I used spike balls and then used a shotbow to destroy the body. i managed to get his fist, the strynger, picksaw, and the hatchet. Now what?

I was playing today, and found a glitch to beat him. I used spike balls and then used a shotbow to destroy the body. i managed to get his fist, the strynger, picksaw, and the hatchet. Now what?
Defeat him as many timed as you'd like, then move on to Duke Fishron if you haven't already beat him, or the Pumpkin/Frost Moon.
(they exist on 3ds right??)

Back
Top Bottom