tModLoader Terraria (Arachnophobe) Mod [WIP]

LukeJR

Terrarian
9hgN89e.png

Welcome to the Official Thread for the Arachnophobe Mod.
Version 0.2
Arachnophobe is a mod that started development today with the Official Thread now being available on the Works-in-Progress Side-Category.

CHANGELOG
- Changes to AIs
- Added Arachnophobe Mod Banner + Support Banner / Signature
- Fixed up some of the untidy areas of the Original Post / Thread
- Added Mod Development Completion with Notes!
- Images will be coming very soon!
- No YouTube Videos planned for any of this Mod Development!

Mod Development Completion: 10%
Currently working on Jumping Spider NPC

Overwritten AI for Jumping Spider NPC
// Queen Eight Legs NPC has been introduced
Currently working on a new type of Spider NPC
Introduced a new creature to the Jungle Biome!
New Spider Behavior for Tarantula-Types (A)
Fixing a bug where the NPC Queen Eight Legs is not functioning as intended.
Queen Eight Legs NPC is now Leaping + (Working on Stages / Behavior)
Queen Eight Legs has been removed for now (Working on fixes)
Jumping Spider now has a Drop Table.
Removal of Silk Wiring (A prototype version of experimentation)

THE ROADMAP FOR ARACHNOPHOBE
  • 2 Pre-Hardmode Bosses + 2 Hardmode Bosses
  • Over 3+ New types of Underground Biomes + Jungle
  • Cobwebs will serve in more Recipes!
  • 25+ New Weapons! (3 Classes)
  • 5 New Ores
  • New types of Cobweb to be Harvested
  • New Dungeon-like Structure (Future Content)
  • Slight changes to existing spiders in Terraria Mainframe
  • A New Event that will be player controlled
  • New Spells (Arachnophone Edition)
  • 3 New Tiers of PreHardmode Items (Possible Future Content)
  • Bug Fixes + Changes (In All Development)
  • Mod compatability with other Existing Mods (Future Goal)
  • Jumping Spiders as a Neutral creature be placed in a Glass Bottle

There's also lots of interesting crafting recipes that will require Loom & other types of Crafting Stations. Also introducing a new way to control Cobweb Farms!
IF you contain spiders with correct requirements met- You will be able to continuously harvest Cobweb from spiders that you have trapped in boxed areas.

Underground Jungle Spiders - They are much more dangerous as they cause a new type of Webbing- Vines! Players will be able to harvest vine-like materials from these creatures.

(IMAGES COMING SOON)

(IMAGES FOR ALPHA COMING SOON)

(VIDEOS COMING SOON)

ANY QUESTIONS? POST A COMMENT BELOW AND I WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!

(PlaceHolder Support This Mod & Thread Banners / Signatures)
COMING SOON!

Last edited:
I'm interested in what you're planning to do with the pre-existing spiders and the mini-biome. They seem to get a lot less love from the modding community compared to the granite/marble/ocean/desert combination.

I'm interested in what you're planning to do with the pre-existing spiders and the mini-biome. They seem to get a lot less love from the modding community compared to the granite/marble/ocean/desert combination.
Thank you, I'm interested in bringing more to this concept. For starters; I'd like to allow players to have the control of maintaining cobwebs. Spiders will not only become more of a problem with this mod installed, it will also make those who enjoy caving to be extra careful. The items and weapons introduced in this mod will allow players to mix their diverse ideas for builds with Venom + Poison. Some weapons such as the Spider's Sword (that's just a placeholder name) actually has the ability to produce a possible sheet of web. This sheet of web encases any creature you decide to attack with it. The % chance will be very balanced and should allow for players to have a slight advantage over bosses but not the new types of bosses introduced with this mod. So, yes it will allow players to take down Core Bosses slightly more efficiently and quickly than usual... but it also then comes down to some serious battles with the spider-themed bosses introduced with this mod.

As for the pre-existing spiders (I plan to give them more purpose than what they have in the core game) I plan to extend the mini-biomes into types. Players may come across a very dangerous nest of spiders or if lucky- may even find themselves exploring abandoned burrows. That's right, I was planning on introducing a tarantula type but also possibly adding onto an existing mod that features tarantulas. I'm not sure yet- I'm still considering the options available. They may seem to get a lot less love from the modding community but that's understandable- why would you want more spiders or more reasons to feel the need to scratch an itch? Well, I enjoy working towards the fear. Spiders may already get under your skin with their sounds and considered to be gross and creepy- but I want to bring that to the surface. ;)

Finally, I'll just write a quick update at the end of this comment to discuss what has been happening for the past few days:
- I've made some serious progress with allowing types of mini-biomes to develop in your Terraria Worlds! However, I'm still considering the possibility of balancing this out so that we get some slightly more difficult spiders to deal with in HardMode after rather WoF or maybe I'll add it to something like: Meteor spawns - I was always considering the idea of having Space Spiders ^-^ Doh! I've literally given away the secret from before this last paragraph... ugh, I've got plenty of more surprises for you all !

Arachnophobe (Version 0.1) - You cannot Download this Mod until a version that is near satisfaction reaches completion.
I've worked on some of the more interesting features over these past few days. Within this week of development I've managed to not only build the structure to the no longer unnamed Boss: Queen Eight Legs. I've also tweaked it to be able to climb on walls which allows her to get stronger. Her prototype attacks and stages are as follows:

Venomous Spit (DMG + RANGE), Wrap This Up (DMG + SPELL DMG), These two abilities allow the Boss to work in slots. This means that the Boss now has its own AI with existing Vanilla AI for one stage. There has been several bugs and problems while making this Boss a reality... these bugs were not so much game breaking but did offer less to be desired. I've managed to fix these bugs but one bug still exists! I may need to rethink this through or possibly change the way this Boss functions all together. I'll keep you updated on any of the changes I make to Queen Eight Legs!

[Dev Log Archive #2]
- Coming Soon!

FUTURE DEV LOGS WILL BE FOUND ON THE ORIGINAL POST!

[Dev Log Archive #1]
Thank you for the support throughout Private Messages (PMs) and also supporting me throughout this thread. I've got another update for you all, and just to make this clear for future updates: I will be posting updates on this thread in its own section on the OP. This is to avoid multiple posts from me on my own thread. Hopefully I'll be able to shift the updates to our own Discord page soon! As for the future posts from me on this thread? Well, I'll be posting comments to those who ask questions or anyone who wants to know more about this mod. I'll also be using this comment that I've made for future EDITS! - Expect some minor updates throughout the next few weeks! Anyway, lets make this comment worth while!

Mod Development has been ongoing since I started this thread; bringing this to a pause today... I will be working on the mod tomorrow and continue developing it throughout the next few weeks. Some of you may want to know what has been completed so far- OR... nearing completion: Weapons have been the main focus for several reasons: Easier to develop and not spending too much time on each weapon due to knowing how it should work and what is expected of each weapon. Development for the new types of spiders is closer to 15% complete. I've also started work on the new system that will allow players to farm Cobwebs and earn more types of strings, ect. More information on this in the future!

I will not be posting images until I've completed the next weapon that I'm working on right now. I've also started testing a new type of Ore that will spawn near Spider Nests- however, it's not exactly ore related. In truth, it's a new type of block that can be used to exchange for more advanced strings, ect. I wanted to make Spider Nests more interesting and this is the first step to bringing something unique to the table. I've still got lots of plans for Spider Nests and how players will be able to come across different types of Spider Nests. Today, I've also looked into the possible chance of having a new type of structure that will spawn in your world. Due to this not being a main priority and mainly just me testing things out... I'd say that I can't promise that this will be added to the final version of the mod. I say final version... but I mean the version that is released to the public.

Alpha testing will begin within in 2019, I can promise that much. I will not be needing too many Alpha testers- more information on that at a later date. Moving on, I've also been testing out an item that will allow players to find hidden artifacts. It's been an interest of mine to have this item that players can use to reach into a new reality. Yes, this will have a Loot Table up for display and will be explained in the future. Spider Nests have also had a few changes: Spiders will spawn less naturally- this means that a few spiders will spawn when a player encounters a Spider Nest but the real hazard are the Spider Eggsacs. If left for too long without light- Spiderlings will spawn and cause the player more trouble. You might be thinking... "Spiderlings can't be too strong, what gives?" Well, they won't have much health but they work together to provide as a stronger defending unit. Players will need to be more cautious as Spiderlings can get through 1x1 block spaces. Yes, similiar to Cave Bats- and this is to just make things more difficult for the player. Why make things more difficult in Spider Nests? I've always felt that Spider Nests were never that interesting. You'd find one and then empty it out until no more spiders existed. It's also too easy to get the Bounded NPC who is wrapped in silk. So, I think you might like this change? Possibly? There's plenty of time to make changes to this edition.

That's all for now! I'll be sure to let you know when I've made more interesting changes to Spider Nests and Spiders alike.

INCOMING UPDATE!
Arachnophobe Early Development Update (UN) (Version 0.2)
Arachnohobe UN is just a CodeName - It's to allow me to understand what Version I'm currently working on and what Version I've posted on the Forums.

Queen Eight Legs

* Changed the AI (Allowing her to Jump + Climb on Walls) - Bugs may exist when colliding with the Wall.
* Basic Prototype of (Moves) Queen Eight Legs will now fire Venom Sacs towards the Player (Usually when she is on the Wall)
* Spiderlings will now spawn correctly when Queen Eight Legs is on screen.
* Slight redesign (Legs, Head, Eyes) - Although... this may not be a permanent change.
* Queen Eight Legs no longer spawns on an Open Spaced Wall (This was a bug where she would be stuck in Phase 2)
* Changed Phases to Two - There were Three Phases but due to the Boss being too difficult (I removed Phase 3)

Spiderlings
* Spiderlings no longer get stuck in Water (This was due to the AI not knowing what to do when colliding with Water / Lava)

* Spiderlings Spawn Rate has been significantly changed due to weights (Also changed the AI when spawning)
* Spiderlings will now FLEE from the Player if the Player is holding Queen Eight Legs (Tier Tools / Weapons)
* Spiderlings have similar AI to Zombies due to their fleeing mechanic.
* Spiderlings will be less likely to spawn during the Day Time.
* Spiderlings are getting a Sprite Rework!

Jumping Spiders
* Jumping Spiders now have the ability to spawn Spiderlings due to some conditions / variables that I'll explain in the future!
* Jumping Spiders will no longer change into Wall Creeper (BUG FIXED)
* Jumping Spiders are less likely to follow the Player if it is Raining (It's something I'm early testing)
* Jumping Spiders will not spawn during Queen Eight Legs Boss Fight!
* Removed Jumping Spiders (Variant 2) - This was a different type of Jumping Spider but never near testing stages.
* Jumping Spiders are also getting a Sprite Rework to match larger eyes!

Queen Eight Legs: Tier Tools + Weapons
Due to some last minute changes before posting this for y'all to check out! I've decided to start showcasing the Tier Tools next week!
Sprites + Images will be slowly revealing themselves on the Original Post / Main Thread (Over the next few days)
(Version 0.2) is not available for Download but is Available to a few forum users due to them wanting to help test things.
I'll be running a more heavily focused Testing Phase NEXT WEEK! I'll also have a Discord set up by then (Hopefully)
Thank You for the ongoing support + I can't wait to share everything that's upcoming in the next UPDATE with you!

ARACHNOPHOBE NOW ALSO HAS A BANNER!
- Designed By: LukeJR
Arachnophobe Version (0.3) Will be released sometime in the next few weeks! I'm currently very busy working on Arachnophobe alongside Supporting + Spriting for Terraria Reworked!

Arachnophobe Update:
Considering the fact that Terraria has updated a lot since I announced the development of this mod. I'd like to share with the Terraria Modding Community that this project is not cancelled. While it's been on hiatus due to my extremely busy work schedule. I'm going to continue development along with shifting focus from the original plans that I started with. I'll have more information for you in the next few weeks. As of right now, Arachnophone will be continuing early-development continuation. Version 0.3 was cancelled due to bugs. Version 0.4 was shared with several friends of mine who really enjoyed the mod's capability. They really liked the Jumping Spiders. I've removed them for now due to wanting to rewrite the code. (TBA) - I'm aiming to have an Early-Access version of this mod ready for early 2023. There's no promises as I'm working on this project alone. Thank you for all of your support recently. This is an update for those who have been anxiously following the development. Thank you kindly for reading. Take care, Goodbye for now.

Yes, I've sent you a reply.
The black dragon's mod is discontinued for reason and there's is a new project here there 2 forum pages for suggestions for mod in the future:

Back
Top Bottom