Linux Terraria Closes instantly.

When i click on play on steam it says "Preparing to start Terraria" and then nothing happens no errors or anything.

WM: i3wm

Specs:
Nvidia GT 1030
Intel core 2 Quad Q6600
4 gb ram

What i have tried
  • Reinstalling
  • Verify Integrity Of Game Files...
Any help would be greatly appreciated

I don't know as much about Linux as I would like so my support is only going to be surface deep here, hopefully someone can step in who knows more about linux than I do.

Let's try:

1. Restart steam, if this doesn't solve your problem then move to step 2.

2. Attempt to reinstall the dependencies for the linux version of Terraria. (for example on windows it would be XNA redist 4.0 and .Net) I tried to find what the dependencies would be for Linux but I couldn't find it. If this doesn't solve your problem then onward to step 3.

3. Download Terraria's Dedicated Server and extract the Linux folder. Run the dedicated server and act as if you are hosting a server, let me know what errors pop up if any here. If everything looks like it went smoothly re-attempt to launch the client version through steam. if you still can't launch it move to step 4.

4. Launch the application directly from it's installation folder and not through steam. If that doesn't work move to our final step.

5. Reinstall steam.

If none of that works then I am not sure, hopefully someone with more experience in linux can come along and help you out.

Back
Top Bottom