Terraria Community Feature: Devalaous' Terrarian Sims

Dev, did you and Yorai just imply I'm a silly idiot? How rude. :p

Not exactly, your sim is simply well known amongst the readers for his crazier moments. The game is very wacky in general, but I did try to keep Cenx's silly actions under some kind of restraint..you on the other hand, I largely let your sim do what he wanted. Your pretty well known as a nice guy with a great sense of humour, so I let it go to some extremes in the story, while keeping the serious "I get :red: done" side there too.

Yorai probably just doesnt want his simself dancing naked on a kitchen counter at a public place like Loki-sim and Liko would :p Theres no worry though, I have a pretty cool role planned for his sim alter-ego, Orai

Great work @Devalaous!
I do have to be honest, I feel the party girl should be a tad shorter than the others, and I'd like to see slightly alternate steampunker pants, more akin to those in the game. They do remind me of a modern setting, though.

This is a thread showcasing someone doing something that the community enjoys, no need to be so upset about its existence, chill out a little.

While I agree his behaviour was edgy.. there's something I would like to point out.

It is very fair to ask why this was posted in such a manner. This is the kind of thing that most people would imagine only in the Creation Compendium (there's a reason we have it too, you know), and the main news section is usually reserved for more "official-esque" news, such as updates to the forums or game, etc.

I agree he should have been nice about it, I'm just putting this out there. I'm not sure I can justify the location of this thread, but I can't say for sure yet - if his work is substantial enough to affect the entire community, and his stories are truly that of legend, I could defend it. I haven't read these at this point, unfortunately, so I'm not gonna hand down a firm verdict on what I think about it :)

Hey man, now, come on - I'm certainly sure you didn't mean any offence by that comment. However, suggesting that someone's appearance should have some bearing on their sexual orientation is pretty rude, not to mention pretty inaccurate. I think it goes without saying, but people of all sexual orientations come in all different looks, shapes and sizes, and that's absolutely great. Saying someone 'looks gay' just makes the whole thing sound a bit shallow... which isn't nice.

While at the same time, I appreciate people's sense of justice, I must also put down a line where SJWs just go too far.
We could have an hour-long debate about whether or not we agree on the subject, I'm sure, but I disagree with displaying such a sensitivity about it. It leads to bigger problems by itself.

Firstly, it is a common pop culture phenomenon and not necessarily a bad thing to be gay, even if people point it out.
Secondly, it is also true that some people do look "gay", aka effeminate in appearance, clothing and style.
Thirdly, if people feel that somehow that character's style doesn't seem sensical to the original context, they have a right to point it out and criticize.

Rue the day where you can't even refer to a sexuality, just because, it's a sexuality.
If someone's being actually offensive about something, that's different.

That being said, once again good work @Devalaous
I care about Sims, but unfortunately not much artistically so far. I'm all over gaming-world news and how EA basically stomped all over the game's potential.
I haven't played it myself, but seeing all the problems and requirements covered, as well as the roof generation being so bad, I can imagine a tedious workflow.

I find these characters amusing nevertheless, I love Yüen's character the most! Very pretty.

"Back in the days", the community news section wasn't just for game news and official statements. Time was spent sharing interesting and cool stuff/people (art, maps, whatever).

It's time this returned. That's the point. I understand the counterpoints, but not swayed by them. :)

Drama from something like this only exists when ginned up or conjured - part of what makes Terraria great are the people that comprise its community. Celebrating that is the only motive on display here.

The question was fine, the way it was done - repeatedly - is not.

(Yes I was fully aware that "why person x and not person y, bias!" would occur. Thus my efforts to explain the intent during this first entry)

Would be so much more fun to just enjoy these instead of hand wringing. Just sayin. :)

Nice to see this coming back! I know, I'm really late to the party, but after the spots of 'negativity', I just have to chime in.

It's really cool to see Dev's Sims get some spotlight, since a lot of work went into making and documenting all them zany antics, and it's a fun read!

But I don't see why people see a problem with front-page user spotlights. People didn't have a problem with it on TO; why do people have a problem with it now? Want a chance in the spotlight? Then expect to first spend a LOT of time contributing something that lots of people really like! It's not favoritism, it's rewarding effort.

I do know one thing for certain. If it weren't for user spotlights back on TO, I wouldn't even BE here now. :dryadtongue:

Indeed. Hoping for more nominations.

For the future record, I'm not doing these in order of fame or popularity. So, if <insert epic artist/person/modder/whatever here> isn't featured yet....that doesn't mean they won't be nor that someone that went first is "better" - plus I want to highlight all kinds of cool stuff, not just the uber popular. Goal is to mix it up a lot. :)

For the future record, I'm not doing these in order of fame or popularity. So, if <insert epic artist/person/modder/whatever here> isn't featured yet....that doesn't mean they won't be nor that someone that went first is "better" - plus I want to highlight all kinds of cool stuff, not just the uber popular. Goal is to mix it up a lot. :)

Suuuure buddy. I bet he paid you in advance and post-postem.

Great work @Devalaous!
I do have to be honest, I feel the party girl should be a tad shorter than the others, and I'd like to see slightly alternate steampunker pants, more akin to those in the game. They do remind me of a modern setting, though.

I care about Sims, but unfortunately not much artistically so far. I'm all over gaming-world news and how EA basically stomped all over the game's potential.
I haven't played it myself, but seeing all the problems and requirements covered, as well as the roof generation being so bad, I can imagine a tedious workflow.

I find these characters amusing nevertheless, I love Yüen's character the most! Very pretty.

You cant adjust height in the Sims games, unfortunately. The Demolitionist I made large and stocky to make him look dwarflife without being shorter, I have to readjust his size all the time since he gets skinny if he works out. There arent many steampunk outfits in the game, all of them came from a single DLC set, hence why the Steampunker is in different clothes

Yüen went though several versions, the game kept crashing on me..

Yep. Could't afford this villa in the sunny Caribbean without his weekly checks. :merchanttongue:

Ssh, you want the cops to be on to us!?

Would Terraria stories/fan fiction(?) work as well?

EDIT: sorry for the necropost! D:

Back
Top Bottom