PS Vita Terraria crashes after Frost Moon Update

Noctaris1985

Terrarian
Hello Terraria community and Terraria developers,

i'm playing Terraria on my PS Vita and didnt encounter any problems so far ( are the slowdowns in my base a problem ? ) until now after the new update which contained the Frost Moon.

Since the update was installed, i cannot press the select button ( for showing the map of my world ) anymore, because it crashes everytime with the error message : C2-12828-1

This happens in my Main World ( Slot 1 ) everytime with my Main Character ( Slot 1 ) when i press the select button, regardless of anything i did ( Save the game, slaying a boss etc. ) before the button press.

In my Sub World ( Slot 2 and Hardmode unlocked ) i can press the select button right away with my Main Character and it dont crash the Game, but sometimes in rare cases it will crash if i want to look on the Map.

My third World ( last Slot - for Farming - Hardmode unlocked ) dont crash either if i press the select button right away with my Main Character, but again sometimes in rare cases it will crash if i want to look on the Map.

BUT if load my Main World with a fresh new Character ( last Slot ) the Main World dont crash if i call the Map for the World !?

So my theory was, that my Main Character got a bug with the update and deleted him and created a new Main Character ( again Slot 1 ) and it worked till some point of progress so that it crashes again in Main World ( Slot 1 ) everytime when i press the select button.

Next Step was that i made a backup of my Savegame and then deleted Terraria from the PS VITA and reinstalled it, but sadly it didnt helped at all.....

I hope someone can help me. ;(

EDIT: I play Terraria with Auto Save Off and with Auto Save On it makes no difference, so Online Play or Offline Play respective Single- or Multiplayer.

Man that is very unfortunate I underrated your frustrations. Sadly I don't have any advice for how to beat this other than giving your gear to a knew character :/ you should file a report directly with 505 though: http://www.505games.com/contact

Thats the problem, a new Character dont solve the issue here.

At the beginning it looks like that the crash bug is gone, but if i play few hours, the crash comes again if press the select button after a few hours....

Its a little annoying that i cant use the world map, especially if i explore the undergrounds......

Thats the problem, a new Character dont solve the issue here.

At the beginning it looks like that the crash bug is gone, but if i play few hours, the crash comes again if press the select button after a few hours....

Its a little annoying that i cant use the world map, especially if i explore the undergrounds......
Ah sorry, I was a bit scatter brained there. Wish I could be of more help but it seems you already tried reinstalling so I don't know what it could be.

Ah sorry, I was a bit scatter brained there. Wish I could be of more help but it seems you already tried reinstalling so I don't know what it could be.

I tried everything to get rid of the Bug but nothing helped at all.............

I forgot to mention that if i play my worlds and my main character on the PS3, everything works fine, i can press select multiple times and it dont crash or feezes........

It must be a PS VITA only problem right now.

I tried everything to get rid of the Bug but nothing helped at all.............

I forgot to mention that if i play my worlds and my main character on the PS3, everything works fine, i can press select multiple times and it dont crash or feezes........

It must be a PS VITA only problem right now.
Would seem so. I've gotten other reports of random crashes on Vita as well.

The thing is, before the Frost Moon update, everything worked fine !

I hope there will be some minor patch to solve this bug....its really troublesome at a certain point.
Well that's VERY frustrating. The other crashes were happening before the update as well if I remember correctly. Maybe @MrRudi can weigh in on this.

Just to confirm im also having the same problem on the vita version. Been a few months since I played (Before the frost moon update) loaded the game today and first time I tried to use the map it crashed with the above error. @op did you find a solution or did you just resort to not using the map?

Just made an made account to say thank you for a great game and this bug is game breaking. Every time I press select it crash the game for the pass month.

Hope for a fix this year.
love to keep playing this game on the go (have over 300+hour) and love to keep playing (once the map work again).

Thanks for fixing the select crashes bug with the 1.07 vita update, so happy that I can now play on the go again.
Love the new update can't wait for more to come.

Also the game still do crashes after playing for 30-50 minutes in and during autosave or manually saving the game.
The only work around I fund is, Just stop moving when auto save happen (ASAP), press start and wait till auto save is finish.
Same go for manually save, just stay in the save screen option menu during saving, and wait for save to finish before continue playing Terraria.

Thanks for fixing the select crashes bug with the 1.07 vita update, so happy that I can now play on the go again.
Love the new update can't wait for more to come.

Also the game still do crashes after playing for 30-50 minutes in and during autosave or manually saving the game.
The only work around I fund is, Just stop moving when auto save happen (ASAP), press start and wait till auto save is finish.
Same go for manually save, just stay in the save screen option menu during saving, and wait for save to finish before continue playing Terraria.
Thanks for sharing that work around! You should let 505 know so that they might be able to determine the bugs cause as well!

I have also been getting this error. I have contacted 505 Games but haven't gotten anything back from them. I hope this is corrected soon.

***Edit***
This is what I got back from 505 Games when I told them that I would lost any progress from the last proper save to the time the error happens.

Thank you for contacting 505 Games Support.

We are very sorry to hear that you lost your data, but we don't store back end data. Unfortunately, restoring the lost save will not be possible for us.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Last edited:
Random crashes have happended to me since the 1.2 update, and now happen a lot more frequently since the 1.2.3 update. Hopefully its fixed soon

The new update to the PS Vita version of Terraria is brilliant as there is a whole load of new stuff added that you could previously get only on the PC version of the game, however, it has one major flaw. That is, that the game crashes lots. It crashes virtually every time I play it. It did still crash before but very rarely however it crashes lots more now. I hope you soon release a new update to the PS Vita version of Terraria that will fix this issue.

Thanks, Storm1947

The new update to the PS Vita version of Terraria is brilliant as there is a whole load of new stuff added that you could previously get only on the PC version of the game, however, it has one major flaw. That is, that the game crashes lots. It crashes virtually every time I play it. It did still crash before but very rarely however it crashes lots more now. I hope you soon release a new update to the PS Vita version of Terraria that will fix this issue.

Thanks, Storm1947
Moved your post here since we already have a thread for the issue :)

Is there any hope that this will be resolved? Are there any communications pertaining to the issue? This is like a black eye on a phenomenal game. I havent played in over a month...I even resorted to getting the game on PC AND picking up Starbound due to frustration! Starbound people....thats what this has come to!

Yep, I can confirm multiple crashes everytime I play on Ps Vita. I've sent so many error reports at this point I should be in the running for the Nobel Peace Prize for not losing my cool. Please, please, Engine and 505 fix the crashing! I love the game, but the Vita version is like an abusive relationship at this point. Everytime I start the game i'm cringing inside waiting for the crash to come.

I'm starting to get the impression that they've abandoned the Vita version altogether. I mean, I get it. There are eight Vita owners in the world. I think that maybe continuing to sell a game that they've no intention in fixing is a bit problematic. I know I wouldn't have bought it had I known it wouldn't be playable.

Back
Top Bottom