Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 11
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I've performed about every fix possible for this game, I have re-installed steam, re-installed the game, verified game files, updated all my drivers, run both the game and steam as administrators, copied the files and added them to steam as a new game, I have went into the local files and deleted everything and re-installed, I ran a diagnostic on start up with no error messages appearing, and for some reason it opens Microsoft Edge on crash. I'm at my wits end and it really makes me want to quit playing. I have 70 hours in the game and haven't gotten to enjoy hard mode yet. This is my last resort and I'm asking for the communities help so one day I can even enjoy the entirety of the calamity mod. I will add both specs for PC and Windows. If any other information is needed ask and I would be happy to find it if it helps me play the game again

God Speed Gamers

PC:
Device name Necronomicon
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1125G4 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.79 GB usable)
Device ID AEC17315-3EBD-418F-9840-48472D2B2F87
Product ID 00325-82130-85507-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

Windows:
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎2/‎23/‎2023
OS build 22621.3007

I've been having this problem too, just today, although I'm playing on a Steam Deck. It's not just Tmodloader that crashes on startup, but vanilla Terraria, too.

it seems that the compatdata folder is completely empty for tmodloader and terraria for some reason. Is there a way to restore it or reset it?
deleting the empty folder and starting the game again just makes a new, still empty folder in compatdata, also.
edit, added log file, just a note: this is what happens when I force the game to boot using proton experimental rather than the default boot type.
I also think for me, this stuff started happening after I went out of the steam beta channel and back to the stable version on my steam deck.
turns out, going back into the beta made it work again

Attachments

• client copy.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom