Terraria crashes on startup

Jonbeans

Terrarian
My game crashes on startup whenever I try to open it. Does anyone have any fixes/advice to fix the issue? Thank you

Fixes I have tried
Opening as administrator
Verifying game files
Reinstalling terraria
Reinstalling steam then terraria

Specs
1660 Super
I7 CPU
16GB Ram

I had the same - and I actually found the solution:

If your laptop is like mine (Asus that has a built in Radeon video card on the motherboard, and ALSO an nVidia GeForce RTX 3070) - the multiple video cards are doing it. I had this same issue getting the Oculus/Meta quest to link and run. Here's the fix:

1. Open Device Manager
2. Disable your Radeon card (right click on the Radeon --> Disable device)
3. Re-enable the Radeon card (yes, right away. Same steps as above --> Enable device)
4. Run the game.

Not sure how to fix it long term, so you'll probably have to do this every time you play, or at least every time you reboot. But at least you can play now...hopefully. Let me know?

-Lyxix

I had the same - and I actually found the solution:

If your laptop is like mine (Asus that has a built in Radeon video card on the motherboard, and ALSO an nVidia GeForce RTX 3070) - the multiple video cards are doing it. I had this same issue getting the Oculus/Meta quest to link and run. Here's the fix:

1. Open Device Manager
2. Disable your Radeon card (right click on the Radeon --> Disable device)
3. Re-enable the Radeon card (yes, right away. Same steps as above --> Enable device)
4. Run the game.

Not sure how to fix it long term, so you'll probably have to do this every time you play, or at least every time you reboot. But at least you can play now...hopefully. Let me know?

-Lyxix
Unfournately that did not work, I don't have a laptop but I still tried anyways and was unable to get it to work. Thank you though.

Back
Top Bottom