PC Terraria crashes randomly (Possible .DLL problem)

Julixg

Terrarian
Hi, my game has been crashing seemingly at random for a few weeks now, it seems it's getting worse, crashing more frequently (but maybe that's just coincidence)
Things I tried:
-Reinstalling the game
-Reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ redist, Microsoft NET Framework, DirectX and XNA Framework
-Probably more stuff that i don't remember (been having the problems for a while but not a lot of time to deal with it)

My Specs:
-Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
-I3 540
-6 GB RAM
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

I tried to look for similar problems and found one on the steam forums that was exactly the same (crashlog-wise at least), but the only answer the post had was to validate the data/reinstall.
It seems to be a dll problem but downloading a dll online never worked for fixing other games so I didn't try that (should I?).

Crash log:
Error Logging Enabled.
================
9/12/2018 7:34:01 PM: First-Chance Exception
Culture: en-US
Exception: System.IO.IOException: The handle is invalid.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
================

Resolution changed to: 1920x1080.
================
9/12/2018 7:34:24 PM: First-Chance Exception
Culture: en-US
Exception: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'EventSetInformation' in DLL 'advapi32.dll'.
at Microsoft.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.ManifestEtw.EventSetInformation(Int64 registrationHandle, EVENT_INFO_CLASS informationClass, Void* eventInformation, Int32 informationLength)
at System.Diagnostics.Tracing.EventProvider.SetInformation(EVENT_INFO_CLASS eventInfoClass, Void* data, Int32 dataSize)
================

WaveMaskData texture recreated. 1x1
WaveMaskData texture recreated. 1x1
WaveMaskData texture recreated. 78x117
WaveMaskData texture recreated. 79x117

Sorry if there are some spelling or grammar errors, English is not my main language, even though i can understand it pretty well.

Vanilla, i don't play with mods
(thanks for the quick response btw)
Edited for more info:
Game version 1.3.5.3 (Both character and world created in that same version)
I have loaded this world with a server to play with a friend (I'm 100% sure he was also using vanilla, i'm not sure if he even knows what a mod is)

Last edited:
When specifically do you crash? Is it when starting up the game or after you have been playing for a bit?

Let's also see what the event viewer has to say.

Press start, type in "Event Viewer" and click the result that shows up under programs. On the left hand side click "Windows Logs" then click "Applications". View any errors or warnings with Terraria, .Net, or XNA listed as the source.

Screenshot them and post them here.

Only when I've been playing for a while, sorry for not making that clear
Here's the event screenshot, it looks like it's .NET that it's causing troubles, I already checked if it's up to date (it is) but maybe downgrading to an earlier version?
Edit: Sorry, the event viewer is in Spanish, that's my window's language, i can translate if needed

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 151
Could you click on the details tab and expand it so I can review it? Forgot to mention that, my bad.

Also, no need to translate it, I can do it from my end and save you some time.

Back
Top Bottom