PC Terraria Crashing upon world loading

Iku Nagae

Terrarian
Lately I've been having problems with Terraria after not playing it for months. The game starts and opens fine, but when I load a character into a world The game crashes, freezes my computer., or hard crashes my computer. I've tried everything from:
  • uninstalling/reinstalling
  • Verifying cache
  • uninstalling .net 4 and XNA framework and reinstalling both
  • changing resolutions in bot windowed, windowed full screen, and full screen
Most times it crash I don't get any errors, but when I do I get this: http://puu.sh/iIuYx/82966882c5.png
I was hoping the 1.3 patch would fix, but it hasn't sadly.
My computer specs are:
  • AMD Phenon II X6 1090T at 3.2 GHz
  • 8GB RAM
  • WIndows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with SP1
  • AMD Radeon R9 207x
I have windows fully updated and my video drivers are up to date. I have no clue as to what is happening.

Posting an update. Terraria works fine on my laptop, but not the desktop. I haven't touched the laptop in months, but it is able to run Terraria without a hitch.

@Iku Nagae I'm sorry no one has gotten to you yet but I'll try to help you. First lets clear this.... don'd double, or in this case triple post, you can edit your OP(original post) by clicking the edit button. Okay so now for the problem, I see that in the crash report it was before 1.3 was released and two of the problem signatures are 1.2.4.1 so first, have you tried updating the game and playing because you never know, it may have fixed it. If updating doesn't work then post an updated crash report and we will see from there. :joy::joy:

Sorry about that. I did let it update and the problem still happened. When I tested it on my laptop and there was no problem, I suspect that there was a corrupted file that on my desktop. I seemed to have fixed it by copying the laptop Terraria file over to the desktop. I have been into two different worlds now with two different characters and no crashes yet.

Back
Top Bottom