PC Terraria does weird sound and instantly crush back to the pulpit

The default save location is \Documents\My Games\Terraria.

The save location using the shortcut with the filepath command if you're using steam is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\saves

I don't have that folder
I checked that location and it wasn't here
Also I used search function for entire C: but it didn't found anything

Which folder don't you have the first or the second?

Also do you have the steam version or the GoG version of the game?

You would only have the save folders if your performed the following:

Let's change the save directory to a non-protected library. Remember to then copy your saves to the new directory.

Method 1: Using a Shortcut - The Install Directory
  • Navigate to your install directory of Terraria, by default for steam it should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria
  • Right click Terraria.exe and select "Create Shortcut".
  • Right click the newly created shortcut and select properties.
  • In the target field add -savedirectory saves at the end, it should now look something like below, and save it's files to the install directory in a folder called saves
T5cTqDB.png

You also edit the launch properties through steam and use the same command so that you can still launch using steam. (guide below taken from steams support kb)

1. Right-click on the game title under the Library in Steam and select Properties.
  2. Under the General tab click the Set launch options... button.
  3. Enter the launch options you wish to apply (be sure to separate each code with a space) and click OK.
  4. Close the game's Properties window and launch the game.
Remember you'll have to launch the game using this new shortcut.

If you didn't do that and then launch the game using the new shortcut or through steam (if you did the launch properties in steam), you won't have that folder.

Back
Top Bottom