Other - Terraria GAMBLING CHANPION! - Random Idea

Rexsilion26

Terrarian
Sem título (1) (1).png

This isn't one of my crossover ideas, it's simply a random idea.
Although my crossover ideas are also not necessarily to be taken as crossovers literally.
I always say that what really needs to be taken into account is the general idea.
-
Anyway, let's get started with today's idea!

- IDEA -

My idea consists of a Gambling NPC.
-
The NPC will have a different interface to the other NPCs, as it will have a wheel format.
-
For 10 Gold Coins you can spin the wheel.
-
The wheel will have very good unique items and other less good items.

- ITEMS -

- Magic Dice -

Magic Dice are an accessory that multiplies the damage caused by the player.
-
Damage can be increased by: 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50% or 60%
-
Each percentage has a rarer chance than the previous one, and it is very rare for the damage to be multiplied by 60%

- Deck of Cards -

A magic weapon that shoots cards.
-
The damage is 10 times the value of the card. Example: King is 12, so 120 damage.
-
The joker card is special, it almost always does 1 damage, but it can rarely do 1000.

- Armor of Fortune -

An armor set that in total grants 50 defense.
-
This armor's set bonus grants the player "Something Random" when taking damage.
-
It can grant buffs, debuffs, increase or decrease your defense, heal or cause extra damage to the player, reflect damage to the enemy, teleport the player, etc.

Well, that was today's idea, I hope you liked it.
Remember to comment your opinion!

I'm personally against extreme RNG, and this seems to be a case of it.

Though, the Deck of Cards seems a bit interesting. It just needs a few tweaks.

The Armor of Fortune and the Dice are definitely not a great idea. The former, what are the odds? And teleporting you as a punishment is honestly extremely unfair even if it's like a 0.02% chance of happening.

As for the Gambling villager, I'm against being able to gamble in games in general, be it with real money or in-game money. It's just extremely unfair and tedious. If you really want to add it, at least make it a sort of mini-game you interact with, like a sort of Minesweeper or something.

Also thematically, I don't like gambling themes in general. Why? I'm not sure. And honestly it doesn't really fit Terraria's aesthetic.

I'm personally against extreme RNG, and this seems to be a case of it.

Though, the Deck of Cards seems a bit interesting. It just needs a few tweaks.

The Armor of Fortune and the Dice are definitely not a great idea. The former, what are the odds? And teleporting you as a punishment is honestly extremely unfair even if it's like a 0.02% chance of happening.

As for the Gambling villager, I'm against being able to gamble in games in general, be it with real money or in-game money. It's just extremely unfair and tedious. If you really want to add it, at least make it a sort of mini-game you interact with, like a sort of Minesweeper or something.

Also thematically, I don't like gambling themes in general. Why? I'm not sure. And honestly it doesn't really fit Terraria's aesthetic.
I see.
I'm not a big fan of these things either, but the idea came to my mind and I wanted to make a post.

Back
Top Bottom