Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I don't know why, but since 1.4 my game crashes often, corrupting my characters and deleting the backups (it happened to 2 worlds and 1 character, who I had 100s of hours on). After dying in hardcore, I tried to save and exit which made the game crash, corrupting the world. It didn't really matter because I was going to delete it anyway. Then, I made a new world and at the end of the creation I get locked out of clicking anything and the screen was just stuck as the main screen with no text. I restarted Terraria and now I can't make worlds anymore because it does the same thing every time I try. I wish I could like this game more, but it is too risky to play because I will likely lose more of my characters and worlds.

For anyone reading this. I suggest turning on rolling backups setting it to like 3 or higher. And making manual full Terraria World/Char backups as often as you feel you need too. I generally back up 100% my entire Terraria folder about every 5-10 hours game play. This won't prevent big problems like this but will allow you to recover from major problems like this and hopefully the causes of this can be patched.

Everything seems fine now, except for 1 thing. Terraria crashes after playing for 5-10 minutes, which for some reason corrupts recordings I make of it happening. I tried verifying integrity of steam files, but every time it just says "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired." What do I do??? I can't play the game without my characters being corrupted!!!

Back
Top Bottom