PC Terraria is no longer starting for me after upgrading to Windows 10

Aviakio

Steampunker
I've only so far read that Terraria runs perfectly on Windows 10, but after upgrading myself my experience doesn't follow.

Launching from Steam, it says "Preparing to launch Terraria..." shows my status as playing Terraria for about 3 seconds, then ends without any error message or anything popping up. I checked in the task manager, the Terraria process starts and then disappears after a second.

I have tried verifying and reinstalling the files, tried running in compatability modes, updating my nvidia graphics driver and practising white magic, but nothing has made Terraria start again. The only thing that changed from before (working with no problems) was as far as I can tell, Windows 10, or ancient void demons closing my game as it starts. Help would be appreciated. %:sigh:

Last edited:
THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THIS! I was having the exact problem and couldn't fix it for my life. I literally looked everywhere for a solution, but 10 is so new that there was none. this worked fine for me, it works now. Again, thanks.

I'm having the same problem, I get this error:
System.Threading.SynchronizationLockException: Object synchronization method was called from an unsynchronized block of code.
at Terraria.IO.Preferences.Save(Boolean createFile)
at Terraria.Main.SaveSettings()
at Terraria.Main.OpenSettings()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.InternalMain(String[] args)
But running that file doesn't solve anything :(

First off, sorry for resurrecting the thread. That said, @sid3aff3ct, I've done some digging around online and the best advice I could find is to go to Documents > My Games > Terraria and edit the config file and set EnabledMap to false. Let me know if that helps!

Back
Top Bottom