Terraria keeps crashing

Snddbbx

Terrarian
My problem with Terraria and multiple other games like GMod is, that it keeps crashing, making me loose all progress to the last saving point. I have tried multiple times trying to fix that issue, but I never succeded. (I have Terraria on Steam btw) I also can't seem to find the crashlog in any of the files, wich would be pretty helpful in such scenarios. Can somebody help me?

Go to your steam library, open Terraria's properties, and open Launch options, paste "-logerrors -logfile '' into the box. When the game crashes it should make a log in Documents>My Games>Terraria>Logs.

Go to your steam library, open Terraria's properties, and open Launch options, paste "-logerrors -logfile '' into the box. When the game crashes it should make a log in Documents>My Games>Terraria>Logs.
Error Logging Enabled.
Resolution changed to: 2560x1440.
Creating world - Seed: 357269550 Width: 6400, Height: 1800, Evil: -1, IsExpert: False
WaveMaskData texture recreated. 1x1
WaveMaskData texture recreated. 96x145
WaveMaskData texture recreated. 95x145

That is all that there was standing till it crashed. I have no idea how to work with this

after multiple attempts there is still no sign of any error. The logs all say the same, wich is not an error. It doesn't always crash at the same times, it does it more randowmly

after multiple attempts there is still no sign of any error. The logs all say the same, wich is not an error. It doesn't always crash at the same times, it does it more randowmly
Hmm, I got a feeling it could do with your resolution. You can try setting it to 1920x1080 and make sure Terraria is capped at 60fps

s
Hmm, I got a feeling it could do with your resolution. You can try setting it to 1920x1080 and make sure Terraria is capped at 60fps
still crashes. I also have tried out the things others said in other posts, like changing where the game saves, but it didn't work or just made it worse. Btw, I also do not know where I can cap it to 60fps

Btw, I also do not know where I can cap it to 60fps
If you have a nvidia card, you can cap your fps in the nvidia control panel. Right click on desktop -> nvidia control panel -> manage 3d settings. There you can change the settings global or for each app.

Hey, I wanna say thanks for your help. I was able to fix it and now it doesn’t crash anymore. I completely clean deleted it, twice, wich somehow solved the problem. Still thanks to your support!

Back
Top Bottom