PC Terraria Maximum Yoyo Damage in the Game! (Expert)

Was This Helpful?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hunky

Plantera
I was playing around with my Terrarian trying to find the highest damage, and I think I found it! (with the help of others)

~Armour~
Head: Chlorophyte Helmet
Torso: Solar Flare Breastlpate
Legs: Hallowed Greaves

~Equipment~
Cute Fishron (In water)

~Accessories~ (all Menacing)
Celestial Shell
Celestial Stone
Destroyer Emblem
Warrior Emblem
Mechanical Glove
Avenger Emblem

~Potions/Foods~
Pumpkin Pie
Sake
Wrath Potion

~Weapon~
Ruthless Terrarian

With the Nebula Boosters, Feral bite, Werewolf and Cute Fishron damage bonuses all active (as well as the potions buffs) the Terrarian should come out with a GRAND TOTAL of...
779 melee damage

Last edited:
This overall setup doesn't quite give max DPS; that's achieved by roughly balancing damage and critical hit increases. Granted, the goal may simply be getting the highest base damage with yoyo, in which case the Solar Flare Helmet and Leggings should be replaced, seeing as they don't contribute raw damage. The Chlorophyte Mask should be used for its +16% increased melee damage (tied with Frost Helmet, but Chlorophyte Mask provides a crit boost and has higher defense) and the Hallowed Greaves provide +7% increased damage overall (most leggings don't seem to provide damage boosts).

Because the Terrarian is a yoyo and its projectiles pierce enemies, it's subject to the piercing hit rate cap of six hits per second per enemy. The Yoyo Bag only makes it easier to hit enemies; it doesn't give you a true DPS increase. A Mechanical Glove should be used instead for its +12% increased melee damage.

You should also account for the Werewolf form that the Celestial Shell grants at night, which gives an additional +5.1% melee damage. If the goal is purely base damage, then a Ruthless Terrarian (+18% damage) would be preferable over a Godly/Demonic Terrarian (+15% damage).

These next modifiers are much more situational, but the Feral Bite increases damage overall by +20%. Full Damage Boosters from the Nebula Armour set bonus grants a +45% overall damage increase. Finally, gaining the Striking Moment buff by blocking an attack with the Brand of the Inferno grants +500% increased melee damage for one hit.

This overall setup doesn't quite give max DPS; that's achieved by roughly balancing damage and critical hit increases. Granted, the goal may simply be getting the highest base damage with yoyo, in which case the Solar Flare Helmet and Leggings should be replaced, seeing as they don't contribute raw damage. The Chlorophyte Mask should be used for its +16% increased melee damage (tied with Frost Helmet, but Chlorophyte Mask provides a crit boost and has higher defense) and the Hallowed Greaves provide +7% increased damage overall (most leggings don't seem to provide damage boosts).

Because the Terrarian is a yoyo and its projectiles pierce enemies, it's subject to the piercing hit rate cap of six hits per second per enemy. The Yoyo Bag only makes it easier to hit enemies; it doesn't give you a true DPS increase. A Mechanical Glove should be used instead for its +12% increased melee damage.

You should also account for the Werewolf form that the Celestial Shell grants at night, which gives an additional +5.1% melee damage. If the goal is purely base damage, then a Ruthless Terrarian (+18% damage) would be preferable over a Godly/Demonic Terrarian (+15% damage).

These next modifiers are much more situational, but the Feral Bite increases damage overall by +20%. Full Damage Boosters from the Nebula Armour set bonus grants a +45% overall damage increase. Finally, gaining the Striking Moment buff by blocking an attack with the Brand of the Inferno grants +500% increased melee damage for one hit.
all of this is quite impractical, no?

20170530085901_1.jpg

Nebula boosters were acquired by switching to Nebula armour and killing crabs in the grinder with the Raven Staff. A Bat Statue provided Feral Bite. At night and freshly removed from water allows me to benefit from both Werewolf and wet Cute Fishron bonuses. My setup is to the right (all Menacing); again, Yoyo Bag does not provide any real damage bonuses, so it can be substituted for more Emblems. Relevant buffs used were Wrath, Tipsy, and Well Fed.

As a side note, I used autopause to move the Ankh Shield into my accessories for use with Brand of the Inferno in an attempt to benefit from Striking Moment, and then switched it back out. However, it seems that while Striking Moment applies to the damage of the hit itself, it does not increase the damage shown by hovering over weapons in the toolbar; it does not function like the Psycho Knife, which does increase the damage value displayed.

I multiplied 779 x 500% and got 3034205 damage
so the Striking Moment buff would make the yoyo have 3034205 damage?

Last edited:
That seems preposterously off. Striking Moment applies a +500% damage modifier (equivalent to multiplying by six - 100% base damage plus 500%). Did you multiply the damage by itself times 5?

Besides, I'm fairly confident damage bonuses are additive, not multiplicative. For instance, if you have Solar Flare Breasplate granting you +22% damage and Tipsy granting you +10% damage, the end result is effectively a 1 + 0.22 + 0.10 = 1.32 damage multiplier, not a 1.22 * 1.1 = 1.342 multiplier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom