PC Terraria Multiplayer not working

Should I disable firewall or try something else first?

• Take down the firewall

• Check the replies, try something else first

Results are only viewable after voting.

ChewyWolf

Terrarian
Hi, I've been playing terraria since 2014 on the PC. Ive never had any problems joining other people or having them connect to me, however I was playing with my sister (connected via steam) and her character was extremely slow. On my screen she was glitchy, so I decided to set up a server using an IP.
I started by going to my terraria folder and opening up the server file. I selected the world and did not change the port (7777). After entering the information on my PC, I was able to join, no problems.
However, on my sister's PC she was not able to connect whatsoever.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I opened CMD and tried pinging her to the router and it worked. I also did the same with my PC. Then I tried pinging her PC to mine, using my IP address. Timed out.
I tried pinging her through my computer and it said that it sent 4 packets, received 0, and lost 4. I'm not quite sure what this means but I think the problem is on here.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've been searching for hours and I don't know if I should take down the firewall on here or not because it's always risky....

P.s. this is my first forum post on terraria, so if I posted this in the wrong section sorry. :)

Hi, I've been playing terraria since 2014 on the PC. Ive never had any problems joining other people or having them connect to me, however I was playing with my sister (connected via steam) and her character was extremely slow. On my screen she was glitchy, so I decided to set up a server using an IP.
I started by going to my terraria folder and opening up the server file. I selected the world and did not change the port (7777). After entering the information on my PC, I was able to join, no problems.
However, on my sister's PC she was not able to connect whatsoever.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I opened CMD and tried pinging her to the router and it worked. I also did the same with my PC. Then I tried pinging her PC to mine, using my IP address. Timed out.
I tried pinging her through my computer and it said that it sent 4 packets, received 0, and lost 4. I'm not quite sure what this means but I think the problem is on here.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've been searching for hours and I don't know if I should take down the firewall on here or not because it's always risky....

P.s. this is my first forum post on terraria, so if I posted this in the wrong section sorry. :)

Each PC runs on a different LAN IP 192.168.x.x you need to assign any and all LAN Ips via your router and port forward all ports you want to use for the games you wish to run that need them. Now on the off chance that her PC and some other device is using the same LAN IP, the one that made it first gets priority. So assign her PC to a NEW LAN IP and try that if the first fails.

Back
Top Bottom