Mac Terraria Not Loading/Crashing On MacOS Mojave

Zombie-Pilot

Terrarian
Hiya there!

This problem started back in April, however it's gotten continuously worse over the past couple of weeks. Unfortunately, the new update did not resolve this issue, if anything it's made the issue worse. When I first purchased the game (around January/February) it ran perfectly fine on my computer for the first couple of months, until one day I tried to play and it crashed a few minutes into gameplay and has continued ever since then. It's currently a MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.6 and I've been avoiding the Catalina update just so I can play Terraria.

After the current update, it takes the game about a minute to load (much longer than what it was before), and when I go to create a new character, the game freezes and my cursor changes to a loading icon and stays that way. If I don't edit anything, I can quickly open a world only for it to immediately crash and also have a loading icon that freezes my entire screen. I was stuck like this for 10 minutes when I took a pic off of my phone.
Terraria_Crash.jpg
This has been the only instance I've ever been able to load a world in single player. I also tried in multiplayer and likewise immediately froze as soon as I spawned.

In one thread, it was suggested to try enabling logs to see if it would produce any crash logs, however when I tried this, no crash was logged as I had to force restart my computer after everything stopped responding.

I've tried searching if others have had this issue and it seems like this problem has arisen a few times with not much coming up to resolve it? I'm mostly confused by what happened, because one day it was fine and the next I couldn't open Terraria at all. Any advice?

This is happening to me as well. I am still trying to figure out a fix. App crashes after a minute or two. Also has been slow or stops responding in general

Back
Top Bottom