tModLoader Terraria: Of Dark and Below Mod

Mr. Sarge

Spazmatism
Hello! I am Mr. Sarge! The main and crappiest developer of Terraria: Of Dark and Below!
I am sorta new to this, though my experience has grown a good lot. Though always remember, criticism of all kinds are allowed and I'd love to hear your ideas and such!

Mod is on the Mod Browser!

Join the Discord: Of Dark and Below Discord Server!

Developers:

Credits:

Mr. Sarge (Coding - Lead Developer, aka me.)

DarkPuppey (Spriting - Developer)

Hallam (Coding - Developer)

Theodore F. Sharpe (Moderation + Editing + cool dude iguess - Developer)

BoRKman (Lotsa Spriting - Developer)

Cturix Kemilon (Sounds - Developer)

Skeletony (Spriting - Developer)

Jsoull (Spriting, Ideas, Support - Developer)

SentryTurbo (Lead Musician - Developer)

Lyrebird (Ideas, Lead Lore Writer - Developer)

TheMadderHatter (Ideas, Lore - Developer)

MoonBurn (Spriting - Developer)

Maskano (Spriting - Developer)

The Kirill Greathly (Spriting)

Pyxis, Pacnysam, GamingWithZack, MoonlitWyvern, Gibb50, MelonDragon, Cherry, Gerno/Kerbol, deyrk, Alkan, !Aura (Spriting)

Contents:
110+ Items and more to come!
3 Bosses!
6+ Armor Sets!

PrimordialMawImage1.png

"A forgotten worm-god that has fallen from grace..."
The Primordial is the first official boss of Terraria: Of Dark and Below. Meant to be faced right before Wall of Flesh in prehardmode, she can easily hit hard and render a character dead with her damaging debuff, "Cosmic Flame".
You can spawn her with the "Primordial Fragment", made with 5 Hellstone bars.

Lore:
"At first, and in before all things, there was the Void, ever-present and everlasting. And for a while, it was still But as of all things, Void crumbled, and, in doing so, evolved. The Great Void gave birth to Great Worms, the first creatures to have ever lived. Wielding a power of their mother nature, they started to shape the Void to their liking with Stars, planets, galaxies, and universes. The Void, through its Worms, had found order. One of such Worms was the Maw, or at least that is how she is known today, and her domain was the world known as Terra. Maw created a world beautiful, yet lifeless. The lack of life never occurred to her as a flaw, yet it seemed painfully absent. So she created her first children, the Gods. Each bestowed with a part of her power, they were meant to populate the world and rule it rightfully after. But in her naivety, she didn't realize how frivolous her creations actually were. As she told them stories of many other worlds, and many other domains, her children grew jealous of Worms, and angry at their mother in particular for giving them birth knowing this. By her gift of free will, they plotted against her. With the bits of her own power dispersed between them, they united and opposed. ...And the Great Worm of Void has lost. Many gods have fallen in battle. Many - left powerless and scarred. Yet one still inherits the power, stolen from his mother. In his pride he took the mantle of Moon Lord, aiming to recreate and best the Terra with a world of his own. Yet still a sparkle of wrath dims inside him - as their victory wasn't complete, and the Maw escaped, only to slumber, in her now almost powerless state... Perhaps she shall awaken once more with the Terrarian reminding her of her primordial home."

Theme:

SunkenKingImage1.png

"The Eldest King of Terra, Reduced to a Mushroom Monarch..."

The second official boss, The Sunken King, is a 2-phase boss that relies on projectiles and enemy summons, that is, until its second phase.

[The Sunken Lore]
"The Sunken King was once a sovereign over the surface. A child of the Maw, he was renowned as a Great King, Hero of Terrarians and the Guarding Sword. Tales are, his rule was just and peaceful, as even the mightiest of demons recognized and respected his power. But that was a time long ago. Now, barely a handful remember his true name. A feared warrior, first to wield the Terra Blade, the Great King cared only for the well-being of his people, which were as much of children to him, as he was to Maw. But not every child is in harmony with their parents. When the others approached him with the plan to attack the Void Worm, he declined. And as others plotted to carry out their attack, the Great King, alongside the rest of the gods sharing his sentiment, rushed to warn the Maw. But they didn’t make it in time. They arrived to the scenery of their eviscerated brethren, with thrashing Void Wyrm, wounded and enraged, looking for any stragglers. In her blind and chaotic frenzy, she attacked the newcomers. Only The King managed to flee the scene from those who arrived to warn the Wyrm. But he did not escape unharmed, as he bared the terrible spell his mother casted on him. While his body was the same, his mind was eclipsed with lunacy and madman's ramblings.

But his authority stood on the memory of who he was. It took time for the news of the Maw's defeat to reach the King's people. But as it did, they rebelled. The bravest Northern Lord raised his banners and rallied his men against the Rambling King, as he was now called. The great army of men went against the now cruel rule of the Rambling tyrant. Rambling or not, the King proved to be still as strong. As he slaughtered the rebels single-handedly, he was dissatisfied with their punishment. So he raised them as an eternal Undead, and ordered to lock them up in the Dungeon, as a cruel reminder to others, fitting to a mad king. Though no ruler lives forever. As the direct rebellion crumbled, sorcerers schemed against the tyrant. In a desperate attempt, they buried his great castle and its mad inhabitant under the tons of earth, sinking it deep below the surface he was given to rule. They say the King was trapped underground for so long, he grew into the soil itself. His once great power dissipated, giving birth to magical blue growth, spotted deep below from time to time. And now, trapped deep below, his name is Sunken King, Hero of Cobwebs and Mushrooms, Guardian of No One."

Theme:

AmalgamationImage1.png

"The tortured souls that have grouped together after being driven mad..."
The Third Official Boss of oDaB! The Amalgamation is 2 phased and mean, watch out terrarians!

Lore:
"Our fate is ultimately decided by our deeds. Some are deemed virtuous, some are declared evil, some just... go on, unnoticed, being neither of two. If one is to spend their life by doing the latter, their soul finds no place for itself in either heaven, or hell. Left to wander eternally, they're usually go as unnoticed, as they were in life. But few can handle such a torture to their mind mind. Most turn mad with time, using whatever bits of power they can manage to at least somehow affect the world around them. With their twisted perception, this may very well mean tearing others to shreds. Whoever succeeded is intoxicated with this strength they lacked in life. They consume their Null brethren, adding to their own ability. With time, these poor souls grow completely unrecognizable - horrid Amalgamations, mass of cast-away, useless souls, as they stalk the Null and the living alike to add to their power.”

Support Banners (OLD AND OUTDATED):
I_Support_of_Dark_and_Below.png

I_Support_of_Dark_and_Below_-_Sunken_King.png

I_Support_of_Dark_and_Below_-_Freak_Merchant.png

Last edited:
The mod seems awesome, new items, dark theme, nice.
The only problem I may have is the music.
Mainly the boss theme music, it doesn't fits Terraria, it sounds like some Geometry Dash theme.
I would love something similar to the Terraria boss themes instead, but otherwise, the mod seems pretty cool.

So far I've only had one issue with this mod: I didn't need three Freak Merchant NPCs moving in. Was this intended?
Sadly I messed up on some coding, I will fix it by the next update and will make the Freak Merchant spawn only once and like any other NPC, for now just try and kill every freak Merchant you find. And thank you for your patience.

I'm loving this mod at the moment! For some reason the bosses don't show up when I use the boss checklist mod with it though... so I'm not exactly sure when I'm meant to fight it.
Seriously though, the lore behind The Sunken King is very well thought out and I can't wait to see where this mod will go. The music also fits Terraria perfectly!

I agree with Akhnaten, this mod is very promising, and if you continue to push out inspired and unique content like you have so far, it may become a staple content mod. You have excellent sprites, the music is killer, the dark feel of the mod is present throughout the content, it all works!

Boss Checklist support is one thing I’d prioritize, as many people use content mods with one another, and unlisted bosses may get entirely missed, which would be a shame, as I love both the Primordial Maw and Sunken King.

Seriously great work so far, I’ll be using this mod in all my future playthroughs :)

I'm loving this mod at the moment! For some reason the bosses don't show up when I use the boss checklist mod with it though... so I'm not exactly sure when I'm meant to fight it.
Seriously though, the lore behind The Sunken King is very well thought out and I can't wait to see where this mod will go. The music also fits Terraria perfectly!
Do not fret! For we are adding Boss Checklist support. Apologies that the mod progress has recently stagnated, but we have some killer things in the next update that's titled "Freakonomy"!
[doublepost=1563734974,1563734841][/doublepost]
As I said to Akhnaten, we are working on things and I've got some killer stuff comin' up!
Again, apologies for the stagnation. I plan to do some more stuff though! Next update adds boss checklist support, new armor sets, items, updated sprites, and a new boss titled the "Amalgamation"! The next update itself is titled "Freakonomy".

Do not fret! For we are adding Boss Checklist support. Apologies that the mod progress has recently stagnated, but we have some killer things in the next update that's titled "Freakonomy"!
[doublepost=1563734974,1563734841][/doublepost]
As I said to Akhnaten, we are working on things and I've got some killer stuff comin' up!
Again, apologies for the stagnation. I plan to do some more stuff though! Next update adds boss checklist support, new armor sets, items, updated sprites, and a new boss titled the "Amalgamation"! The next update itself is titled "Freakonomy".
It sounds absolutely amazing! I can't wait to try out the new boss. Kudos Mr. Sarge.

Back
Top Bottom