PC Terraria only works on 800x600 fullscreen and I cant find any fix

Actibase

Terrarian
hey so since I've bought terraria shamelessly on black Friday. I've never been able to make terraria start normally, and since then I've grown quite a liking to this game.

I have to always remind myself to turn it back to 800x600 resolution before exiting the game, so it doesn't freeze up when i start it back up next time. please I've grown desperate and just need a solution by now I beg anyone to help me out in any way

I've tried deleting config.json file and redownloading the do_not file plus the other download file in the terraria file, i tried verifying the game and still didn't work. the only way that it works is to set it to 800x600 fullscreen and then to set it to 1920x1080 when I'm ingame after doing that i cant alt+tab out the game or it freezes up. I cant play it in borderless fullscreen or windowed because it crashes on windowed and freezes up on borderless.

edit: i figured if i keep going to desktop by pressing WIN+D and coming back to terraria when its fullscreen it eventually starts working back up.

P.S you'd have to do it multiple times and to keep doing it whenever you see the game moving and or sometimes flickering

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom