Official Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
now how the hell did i miss this? i am such a dumbass anyways, time to pop open my bank *enters pincode ****-balance-loading*.... i just hope that this terraria is like 10p ;(

It's time for that one unpopular opinion, i honestly don't like this game, i think it's just a gimmick for re-logic to make money, and it's working, still doesn't mean i'm hot going to buy it :D

It's time for that one unpopular opinion, i honestly don't like this game, i think it's just a gimmick for re-logic to make money, and it's working, still doesn't mean i'm hot going to buy it :D
They deserve it. Instead of making free very big updates, they could have released them as DLCs. I mean 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 for sure have more content, than some DLCs of other games.
And this is a colaburation, so the other party wants to get something out of it, as well.

The game is in early alpha. Three months is a bit soon don't you think? I agree with ppowersteef, I thought 1.3 would definitely be here by now as well. Considering the attention to detail that Terraria has had, this game is well over a year away. Most likely more. Speculation on a release date, at this point, is unnecessary. I just hope that in the devs attempt to make a fresh Terraria experience, the game doesn't end up a watered down version of Terraria with new mechanics.Terraria is so varied and vast and mainly because of the attention it continues to receive. It has taken a lot of time and work to get Terraria this far. I still am optimistic that T: OW won't stray too far from what made its namesake great.

But why is everyone so hyped? This clearly is entirely different from Terraria, at least in art style, which could be great, but... Starbound? I mean, really? Honestly, I do not see any big difference.
Moreover, making an RPG out of Terraria is kind of... Idk, wrong maybe? And what is more, what do we see here? Fighting the Corruption? Corruption is fan-bloodycorrupty-tastic! Just for the sake of the soundtrack I spread it all over my world.
And hey, what is this 'Otherworld'? Just don't tell me that it's even more Starbound-ish stuff...

<links removed by staff>
[DOUBLEPOST=1424276858][/DOUBLEPOST]TIME TO JUMP ONTO THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!!! :happy::cool:;):)
[DOUBLEPOST=1424276918][/DOUBLEPOST]<links removed by staff>

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there going to be an actual multiplayer setup? Or will it continue to be like minecraft? I think that if the game will be associated with steam, I should just be able to invite a friend to my game and start playing. No nonsense with direct connecting through Hamachi or other VPN software, just a seamless multiplayer integration to make things easier. I love Terraria, but the only reason why I can't get my friends to play is the multiplayer aspect and how difficult it is to make it work.

Is there going to be an actual multiplayer setup? Or will it continue to be like minecraft? I think that if the game will be associated with steam, I should just be able to invite a friend to my game and start playing. No nonsense with direct connecting through Hamachi or other VPN software, just a seamless multiplayer integration to make things easier. I love Terraria, but the only reason why I can't get my friends to play is the multiplayer aspect and how difficult it is to make it work.
My sentiment exactly. Having to rent server space to play multiplayer takes away alot of the desire to play with anyone else. Hopefully they take your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom