PC Terraria PC bugged and wiped my character

CyprusMiraque

Terrarian
I recently went to play my file on Terraria for PC tonight and was absolutely horrified. As soon as it loaded I saw that the only character playable was a completely blank character, with no name, 100 health and the minimum mana. Just this morning I was on my third attempt against the Lunatic Cultist, and I had over 83 hours sunk into that character, including all of my endgame gear and accessories. Worst off is that I couldn't even *play* this character, as when I clicked play on the blank character it wouldn't load the world select. I decided to close and restart it a few times, hoping that it would load in somehow, but the last time I tried loading the game it had deleted even the character that was there. Upon checking the world list with another character I found that my other worlds were still there, with the exception that the corruption world I had made last night was listed as "unknown world", and crashed my game as soon as I played it. Is there any way at all that I can recover the old player data through terraria or steam, or get my old items back?

(Important note: I at least saved the weird blank character the game swapped for mine to the cloud; however it is still unable to actually be played. The only thing that I could even think could have caused this is that I just upgraded my RAM. Please help!)

Does it look some what like this?

Attachments

• 20200510122014_1.jpg
    20200510122014_1.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 402
Sort of, but a lot more blank. The play time is 00.00.00, despite having played it for over 80 hours (according to steam), and all of the stats (health, mana) are completely bare and un-upgraded. I also cannot actually *use* the character, when clicking play the button clicks but even after a while nothing happens. I have a fairly decent laptop and it usually doesn't take long to load at all.

CyprusMirque, I don't know what time it is for you if you are across the world, but if you see this, I am having the exact same problem, let me know if you find a fix. And it happened in the same way, I beat the lunitic cultist, then got off because I wanted to fight the pillars today but then the glitch happend. here is what it looks like, right?
1589168584494.png

CyprusMirque, I don't know what time it is for you if you are across the world, but if you see this, I am having the exact same problem, let me know if you find a fix. And it happened in the same way, I beat the lunitic cultist, then got off because I wanted to fight the pillars today but then the glitch happend. here is what it looks like, right? View attachment 270480
It looks exactly like that!!

Got same problem. Played calamity mod, yesterday evening i closed the game, and got blank characters, like on Nicholas' screenshot. Then i reinstalled the game, and the interesting part ,is not only that world i was playing just disappeared, but that my now fixed char. lost 2/3 of their items: most accessories, inventory, and one piece of armor. What is going on?

Back
Top Bottom