Terraria Server Lag

ColdJuice

Terrarian
Dear Terraria Forumns,

I've been having this problem with terraria for years and have never been able to find a fix. When ever a new update comes out for terraria, I do a playthrough of the game and it is really fun. The only problem is this weird lag with my server. I host the server and I use hamachi for others to connect. The only weird part is, I always have this weird issue that when I hit a mob (For the first time) it teleports to a different spot. Every other hit after that is find but just the first hit. Mobs constantly teleport into me and hit me when they are far away before I hit them. The weird thing is that my friends do not have this problem at all. Another thing is that when I run or ride in a minecart beside my friends, they always teleport in front of me and get to places faster. On my screen, I keep teleporting backwards. It is odd because I am host and you would think the problem would be for them. Hopefully someone can find a solution and thank you for at least trying!

Thanks,

ColdJuice

Last edited:
This happens to me when I play on a server, but not for anyone else. For me, if happens because my internet sucks so bad. If your connection is bad then you will experience issues like the ones you've stated.

Try set the terrariaserver.exe process priority from high down to normal (you can edit the config file so it happens automatic, just ensure it does with task manager). I suspect the OS is not giving Terraria client enough network time, because by default the server is hogging all resources.

Back
Top Bottom