Pixel Art Terraria Spriting Carnival 2

Alright new sprite finished. i hope i'm actually getting somewhere
TheSword.png

That looks really, really good. Only tip I could add is to add more contrast between light and dark on the blue parts and maybe hue shift it a bit? other than that it's amazing, great job.
Eh, amazing is a bit of an overstatement. It’s significantly better than the other one, but the shading is still pretty banded and the palette isn’t very nice to look at. The contrast actually feels fine to me, although it could be a bit better on the blue. I just think he could have picked better colors.

Eh, amazing is a bit of an overstatement. It’s significantly better than the other one, but the shading is still pretty banded and the palette isn’t very nice to look at. The contrast actually feels fine to me, although it could be a bit better on the blue. I just think he could have picked better colors.
It is amazing for a complete beginner. I wasn't half as good at outlining when I started out. As for the contrast I think the blade could look a bit more shiny that's all.

thank you for the nice comments! :)
also it's ok if you think the color palette is bad, but i'm a really big fan of light blue, which is why i used it, and the purple i personally think it goes good with the blue.
also i was just wondering, am i allowed to use parts of the sprites you guys make? i don't want to use the whole thing, but parts of it, so i can get a better understanding of how to make the shading good, as that's really the only thing i'm not 100% good with
and does anyone have good color palette suggestions? i'm not really to good with coming up with color palettes soo...

Last edited:
thank you for the nice comments! :)
also it's ok if you think the color palette is bad, but i'm a really big fan of light blue, which is why i used it, and the purple i personally think it goes good with the blue.
also i was just wondering, am i allowed to use parts of the sprites you guys make? i don't want to use the whole thing, but parts of it, so i can get a better understanding of how to make the shading good, as that's really the only thing i'm not 100% good with
and does anyone have good color palette suggestions? i'm not really to good with coming up with color palettes soo...
Palettes are usually fine to use, but copying sprites or even parts of a sprite is a huge no-no anywhere you go

EDIT: I know you like the palette and that’s good, but with color you usually want things to look objectively good, not subjectively. I’d recommend studying a bit of color theory and how certain colors complement and contrast others

ok
also i was looking to see sprites here to get inspiration, and someone was talking about you can use sprites if u ask. but idk, might have been somewhere else
also thank you for all of your advice! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom