Console Terraria Wii-U

Makai

Terrarian
Hello Terraria fans, devs and Mods :)

I am sure many of you are aware that there are a lot of console and handheld ports available for Terraria and this is great as it widens the range or people that can access the game, but I feel as though people that own only Wii-U are missing out on this great game and I personally feel it would go down a treat with Nintendo fans given the recent success of shovel knight (I know its not sandbox but has similar gameplay, in my opinion) and there are some great innovations that could go with the system.

List of feature to consider if a Wii-U version is considered:

• Off screen play.
  • Inventory and map actively displayable on tablet during play with use of touch controls.
  • The possibility of Nintendo content in the game (Should either party choose or accept to do this)
  • The ability you use the tablet touch screen and stylus to place blocks.
  • Offline Multi-player featuring one player using the Tablet and the second player using the Television.
  • This would also make a community forum on the Miiverse that I'm sure would share lots of interesting creations

I am no expert so I don't even pretend to know the extent of what I'm suggesting in terms of programming, workload and funding but I do feel there is a market for Terraria on Wii-U and that it would do well on the Nintendo home console(Again my opinion).

I wish to thanks you all for reading my suggestion and please feel free to comment.

I would love a Wii U version. It would be the first Terraria port I would get. I also would love the Nintendo items that it would likely have. Like the Varia suit, Majora's Mask, Yoshi mount, Triforce, and more. Unfortunately, as much as I'd like it, I don't think it would happen. I have heard they have already gotten into some trouble with Nintendo over the items they already have and I'm not sure if the Wii U is powerful enough. I stick with Nintendo as they make more of the types of games I like, but they have fallen a little behind in other areas.

Last edited:
I wish this could happen.

If it did, Relogic (or whoever) would have to rewrite the game in a different code language.

I would like a Wii U version too, but unless someone at Nintendo ports the game, it will probably end up being even worse than the Xbox 360/PS3 versions.

Thank you for all of your replies.

I'm glad to see a lot of your opinions, I believe the Wii-U could handle it better than the 360 but I cant say that about the PS3 version as I don't own Terraria on PS3.
I was unaware that there were disputes with Nintendo and Relogic over ingame items and it seems a real shame for a big company to do that, I see the items in the game as a gracious nod to Nintendo classics.

A 3DS version would be a real treat but I cant see it happening unless they port the mobile version of the game over and hook it up to the controls.
As for programming aspects I'm not sure Nintendo would reprogram the game rather they would expect 505 or Relogic to do it and I feel this is a very impacting problem for a port to go on the Wii-U.

Again Thank you for your contributions to the discussion: Dish0ut, Master Geass, MetaKnight956, MegaMage314 and Terra Branford

My friend has terraria on iOS, but not on Xbox or PS3/4 because he only has a wii and WII U so it would be cool for WII U. (I like the idea of the mini map on the game-pad too

My friend has terraria on iOS, but not on Xbox or PS3/4 because he only has a wii and WII U so it would be cool for WII U. (I like the idea of the mini map on the game-pad too

Thank you for your feedback.

I have Terraria on Android but I'm not very good at controlling it, It would be nice for the many people in a similar situation to your friend to be able to gain access to Terraria.

Gosh, this has been suggested millions of times before. It won't happen. Relogic isn't on the greatest terms with Nintendo anyway.

Thank you for the input and your thoughts on this matter.

I still wouldn't rule it out, I believe if communication and effort was put in by both parties then Relogic and Nintendo could come to a reasonable agreement.
It hasn't been suggested a million times on these forums, I made sure no other thread on here contained the words Wii or Wii-U before posting.

Again Thank you for taking the time to read and comment: gotSWAG40 and Jetstream Infinity.

Yeah good idea I like the idea of placing blocks quickly with the touch screen and using the Game-pad as the inventory so you can quickly access it easily without having to hide away XD

Thank you for the input and your thoughts on this matter.

I still wouldn't rule it out, I believe if communication and effort was put in by both parties then Relogic and Nintendo could come to a reasonable agreement.
It hasn't been suggested a million times on these forums, I made sure no other thread on here contained the words Wii or Wii-U before posting.

Again Thank you for taking the time to read and comment: gotSWAG40 and Jetstream Infinity.
Perhaps I over exaggerated but it still has been suggested -many- times and Engine Software said they aren't doing it. It's been suggested over PM's and profile posts, among other websites such as Terraria Online and the developer's websites.

One of the excuses they have for not porting it over in the first place is they'd need to recode the entire game from scratch, as the Wii U uses a totally different coding language. It may not be too profitable, either.

Don't get me wrong, I'd totally support a Wii U version, as it would be nice to squeeze Terraria on the platform. But the chances of it happening are identical to the chance of me resetting my likes.

I'm just not a fan of false hope :c

I saw someone mention a 3DS version. They were actually wanting to port it over to the 3DS but it's too weak. The *New* 3DS might be able to handle a watered down version, but I'm skeptical for the same reasons why they aren't porting over the game to the Wii U.

Yeah good idea I like the idea of placing blocks quickly with the touch screen and using the Game-pad as the inventory so you can quickly access it easily without having to hide away XD

Thanks, yeah I too find it funny how sometimes I have to go into hiding or even build a dirt square around myself to prevent death just to look for something in my menu.
It's mainly my fault though, I never organise my inventory XD

Perhaps I over exaggerated but it still has been suggested -many- times and Engine Software said they aren't doing it. It's been suggested over PM's and profile posts, among other websites such as Terraria Online and the developer's websites.

One of the excuses they have for not porting it over in the first place is they'd need to recode the entire game from scratch, as the Wii U uses a totally different coding language. It may not be too profitable, either.

Don't get me wrong, I'd totally support a Wii U version, as it would be nice to squeeze Terraria on the platform. But the chances of it happening are identical to the chance of me resetting my likes.

I'm just not a fan of false hope :c

I saw someone mention a 3DS version. They were actually wanting to port it over to the 3DS but it's too weak. The *New* 3DS might be able to handle a watered down version, but I'm skeptical for the same reasons why they aren't porting over the game to the Wii U.

Thanks for the reply.

I can really see how Engine Software not being interested in doing a Wii-U port brings the whole idea to a grinding halt seems as themselves and 505 have been handling that side of the game.
It's a shame to admit it but I have no idea who else would be able to do their work and if somebody else would even be allowed to do it due to the possible nature of contracts that could be in place.

Thanks you for you replies: iKaoticKat and Jetstream Infinity

it will be good, we now can have al nintendo content in terraria :D

Thanks for the reply Frous.

Yeah that wouldn't be an ideal situation in my opinion, I feel that sort of thing takes away the freedom to innovate and can alienate the community.

Back
Top Bottom