Terraria wont start [Win 10]

Hi Grumpy Squid,

I know this is an old thread, but I've recently developed the same problem where Terraria launches to a black screen, then exits back to Steam. I've seen the different ways you have helped others in this thread, and I've tried them all - nothing has worked. I'm wondering if you might have a few spare moments to turn your expertise my way? i would greatly appreciate it. This is the error I've been encountering:

View attachment 301714

Thank you!

-Travis

Right after this, I deleted my config.json file and tried again. That worked, for anyone else who gets this error, you might try that.

i recently got the issue with 1.4.2, ive tried deleting and reinstalling terraria (didn't work) and I'm going to try reinstalling XNA. anything else to try?
the error says system.InvalidOperationException: this resource could not be created. at microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine..ctor(StringsettingsFile,TimeSpan LookAheadTime, String rendererld) at Terraria.Audio.LegacyAudioSystem..ctor() at Terraria.Main.LoadContent() at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize() at Terraria.Main.Initialize() at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(BooleanuseBlockingRun) at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

Last edited:
Alright let's try this, browse to: "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32" and delete the following folders:

• Microsoft.Xna.Framework
  • Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game
  • Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics
  • Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Xact
Once you have delete these folders attempt to reinstall Microsoft XNA again. The reason we're doing this is because uninstalling XNA won't touch these folders, so in the event of data corruption we are going to manually remove them and replace them.
You mean like, delete the folders and go into the Microsoft XNA installer again?

Back
Top Bottom