Weapons & Equip Terrarian's Last Wish - End-Game Expert Mode-Only consumable.

HellGoesOn(Ork)

Skeletron Prime
Remember that time you saw an awesome weapon somewhere early into the game, but once you got further, you had no upgrade to it & you have to discard your favourite mechanic in favour of better weapon?

Fear not!As Terrarian's Last Wish can fix that issue.
What does it do?

It Bumps the base damage to lunar level.
Yeah, it will bump damage of selected weapon to match the DPS of Moon Lord/Lunar Pillars drops or pretty similar. It won't affect Pillar/Moon Lord tier weapons though.

Why I think this would be pretty good reward?
Well, Terraria has plenty of great unique weapons that have no direct upgrades(i.e. Arkhalis, Scourge of the Corruptor, Vampire Knives & etc) and in my opinion, there shouldn't be another item like those. Instead, giving opportunity to bump it up to End-Game potential to allow you still use it for End-Game/Post-Game content should suit this role just perfectly.

Obtained from Moon Lord's Treasure Bag with 33% chance.

Whats your thoughts?Is this bad?Is this good?Am I a potato?
Who knows!

EDIT:For PvP Balancing Purposes, Damage-Bump on weapons DOESN'T WORK if you have PvP Enabled.
EDIT2:The way it works is as follows:you right-click on it when selecting a weapon you want to upgrade. After upgrade, this weapon will always remain buffed(unless PvP mode Enabled) so you can always see stats even if you have it outside of your inventory. This means you will have to farm multiple of those if you want to have multiple buffed weapons. This is a subject to change though.

Last edited:
This is actually fantastic. I never really thought about it, but I remember always wishing I could use whatever minions I wanted at the end of game and for them to still be relatively effective. Always ending up getting a small bond with them, and then I have to move on to the next one. Full support!

I guess it would be possible if the damage buff depended on attack speed and things like piercing?
I mean, sure, you could change values based on AS, so it DPS doesn't go way past ML drops.

On the other hand Yrimir (if he comes back) would totally use water bolt with it 24/7
Its not a bad thing, really. You have to defeat Expert Mode Moon Lord to get this, remember? Getting chance to make your favourite weapons into End-Game loot for defeating the final boss seems like best rewards for me.

Here's a sprite for it

Terrarian's Last Wish.png

This is a good idea, but a straight bump of DPS would not work for all weapons. Weapons are different - some have projectiles, some have ammo, some have an effect range, some pierce, etc. This needs to be considered for any weapon upgrade.

To use Vampire Knives as an obvious example, these heal the user. If their DPS increases, their healing capability also increases. To give another example, a boosted bow with infinite arrows.

I definitely support improving weapons, but weapons should probably be considered individually. And possibly restricted to special or unique weapons - we don't really need a boost for every ore sword!

Very good idea! :happy: But I have some questions :
1. Can I upgrade Fishron stuff? It's almost as strong as Lunar weapons, even in some cases stronger (for example Razorblade vs Nebula Blaze during events like Pumpkin Moon)
2. Can I upgrade Tavernkeep's sentries?
3. How would new damage be calculated?

Very good idea! :happy: But I have some questions :
1. Can I upgrade Fishron stuff? It's almost as strong as Lunar weapons, even in some cases stronger (for example Razorblade vs Nebula Blaze during events like Pumpkin Moon)
2. Can I upgrade Tavernkeep's sentries?
3. How would new damage be calculated?
1.You can upgrade them. However, Razorblade would get lesser buff, than i.e. Bubblegun
2.Yes you can. Any pre-Lunar/Moon Lord weapons can be upgraded
3.Probably it would depend on base UseTime & Damage values, so DPS doesn't go out of range of ML drops.(I.e. Arkhalis will get slightly lesser damage buff, than something like Copper Broadsword due to faster speed.)
[doublepost=1524575473,1524575169][/doublepost]
This is a good idea, but a straight bump of DPS would not work for all weapons. Weapons are different - some have projectiles, some have ammo, some have an effect range, some pierce, etc. This needs to be considered for any weapon upgrade.

To use Vampire Knives as an obvious example, these heal the user. If their DPS increases, their healing capability also increases. To give another example, a boosted bow with infinite arrows.

I definitely support improving weapons, but weapons should probably be considered individually. And possibly restricted to special or unique weapons - we don't really need a boost for every ore sword!
My thought process behind it was that you can upgrade ANY weapon, because some people just like using all sorts of stuff. Plus, its easier to code for developers(probably).

While Vampire Knives do heal user, at the point you get TLW, you are just messing around with end-game stuff. Unless you are doing modded, there is nothing you really could do with life-steal outside of somethings you missed or want to farm for collection. Yes, not that good of a reason to leave some potential imbalance, but its up to devs on how they will(if they will) implement this idea.

1.You can upgrade them. However, Razorblade would get lesser buff, than i.e. Bubblegun
2.Yes you can. Any pre-Lunar/Moon Lord weapons can be upgraded
3.Probably it would depend on base UseTime & Damage values, so DPS doesn't go out of range of ML drops.(I.e. Arkhalis will get slightly lesser damage buff, than something like Copper Broadsword due to faster speed.)
[doublepost=1524575473,1524575169][/doublepost]
My thought process behind it was that you can upgrade ANY weapon, because some people just like using all sorts of stuff. Plus, its easier to code for developers(probably).

While Vampire Knives do heal user, at the point you get TLW, you are just messing around with end-game stuff. Unless you are doing modded, there is nothing you really could do with life-steal outside of somethings you missed or want to farm for collection. Yes, not that good of a reason to leave some potential imbalance, but its up to devs on how they will(if they will) implement this idea.
You could also make it so that the Vampire Knives don't heal as much in PvP

Back
Top Bottom