Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
whenever i hover my mouse over anything that has text, (chests, signs, graves, etc.) the text sometimes starts flickering and i have no idea whats causing it (this does not happen to items though)
video:
i am using no texturepacks/mods

whenever i hover my mouse over anything that has text, (chests, signs, graves, etc.) the text sometimes starts flickering and i have no idea whats causing it (this does not happen to items though)
video:
i am using no texturepacks/mods
This can happen if your monitor supports higher frame rates than 60 and you have frame skip off, which lets the game run at the monitor's frame rate. This causes flickering issues because the actual update loop is still capped at 60 updates a second (to keep simulation speeds consistent), so sometimes a frame is drawn while the game is still creating the hover text that should be displayed.

Go into graphic settings and try different “Frame Skip” options
This can happen if your monitor supports higher frame rates than 60 and you have frame skip off, which lets the game run at the monitor's frame rate. This causes flickering issues because the actual update loop is still capped at 60 updates a second (to keep simulation speeds consistent), so sometimes a frame is drawn while the game is still creating the hover text that should be displayed.
i set my frame skip to subtle and now its fixed. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom