Texture Compiling (and getting it to show on the main menu....)

Tsg TheSmartyGamer

Steampunker
So... I have a few folders with XNB files, they will all be seperate texture packs.
I can't figure out a way to get it show on the Terraria main title screen page.
I have tried Zip files, Folders and Both Together.
Does anyone know how to compile them correctly, and if so, sources to any programs needed?

Current place / status. (6:37PM BST+)
1589909797149.png

Thanks in advance.

It's fixed/completed!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 1589906995087.png
    1589906995087.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
I've got this:

{ "Name": "Pack Name", "Author": "Author", "Description": "Place a one-line brief description of your pack here", "Version": { "major": 1, "minor": 0 } }

Though how do I make a JSON file?

I've got this:

{ "Name": "Pack Name", "Author": "Author", "Description": "Place a one-line brief description of your pack here", "Version": { "major": 1, "minor": 0 } }

Though how do I make a JSON file?
If you want you can just make a JSON file thats empty and/or contains the base for what I need to put it.
There's now a proper guide in the Texture Packs section: Official - 1.4 Texture Pack Support

To create a json file, simply create any txt file, add the contents and rename it to <name>.json

It's not a .json file - it still has a .txt extension
This is correct ^.
The contents look fine to me. You should be able to just place that in the root folder. Do you also have the files set up as "Better Solar Sheilds/Content/Images"?

(PS: You've spelt Shields wrong :p)

Because by default Windows are hiding a true file extension, you may want to uncheck the option "Hide Extensions for Known File Types" in the Folder Options

Back
Top Bottom