tModLoader The Adventure Mod

Masi

Skeletron Prime
Screen_Shot_2020-06-18_at_10.45.29_PM-removebg.png

Welcome to The Adventure Mod. There are a few core functions to this mod, the first one being Modular Tools. This set of tools is the only set you'll need throughout your adventure. You start by making the four base tools, Sword, Pickaxe, Axe, and Hammer. After that, throughout the rest of your adventure you are able to smelt on new tiers of ore you acquire.

baseSword-2.png
basePickaxe-7.png
baseAxe-2.png
baseHammer-2.png

In addition to upgrading your modular set, you will also be able to craft Modules. These devices will provide certain boosts and enhancements to only modular tools. They can be installed and un-installed at a Workbench. But later on in the game, accessories will provide the power to swap modules on the go. Modules will do many things, for example, the Slime Module. Can be bound to any tool, but most useful on the sword, it will inflict the 'Oiled' debuff. Making enemies more susceptible to fire. Paired with a simple flaming arrow, it can prove deadly.

SlimeCapsule.png

Smelting new ores and plating your modular set with them can be done at a new workstation, The Tinker's Forge.

Furn3-2.png

Another integral part of this mod is The Journeyman. A unique NPC that will provide fun, and challenging quests. these quests could range from digging up treasure under the sand, to hunting down a wanted criminal for a hefty bounty. Completing quests will award a mysterious currency and reputation for The Journeyman's secret organization. Leveling up this reputation could prove very useful later on...

Journeyman.png
All of your current and completed quests will be stored in the Adventure Ledger. This book will contain many things other than quests too, it will contain information and hints about certain quests, and even have it's own secrets to uncover. It can be acquired from the Journeyman, but no one knows if its actually his.

questBook-2.png

That is all for now, see you soon. If you want early sneak peeks or insider info, join our Discord Server!
- Masi​

Last edited:
Hello Adventurers I bring you a small update on the progress of The Adventure Mod.

We have been hard at work planning quests and adding content, I’d like to unveil something we’ve been working on:

Worlds Beyond!

Worlds Beyond is a storyline/arc that spans 6 quests. Many of the quests are independent and only a few are connected, but this will be an interconnected story for you to uncover.

This storyline will take you on many adventures to uncover hidden secrets, solve puzzles, and travel to far off lands.

Expect a lot more on the forum page soon detailing more tiers of weapons and gifs showcasing modules in action!

Goodbye for now,
- Masi

I take it Frontiers is discontinued? (Thread is locked)
Yes, I locked it before making a post to wrap it up unfortunately I can’t edit the original post. I decided to move to something smaller and more focused on features rather than content. And there are already a good amount of content mods. We have already made more progress and have a much clearer idea of our end goal than Frontiers.

Respectable, Frontiers seemed a bit too "game changing" for my tastes tbh, but it was an admirable effort
Best of luck in Adventure!

Glad to see you're back at it again! Modular tools are something I've always found very interesting; you never fail to wow me with unique ideas. Can't wait to see it in action!

Some big things happened tonight! Please welcome Pbone to the development team, specializing in code magic and UI magic, he will do very big things with this mod. We’ve been planning a lot lately, it’s time to show you some of it!

What you need to know:

- Two types of Modules, Basic and Unique.
- Unique Modules will be rare rewards and drops with cool powers/bonuses.
- Basic modules are craftable, but are able to be upgraded in the brand new Advancement Tree. You will be able to choose a path and upgrade the module to your desire, even tailor it to your class.
- Player Level. You can increase your level by doing an assortment of things, using modular tools and completing quests will provide extra experience of course. Level up to access more quests, and better upgrades in the Advancement Tree.
- Modular Tool composition overhaul. The four tools will now have an amazing composition system. You can smelt a percentage of bars into the tool, 1 bar is 5%(100% max). Certain bars will provide bonuses allowing you to make your perfect weapon by mixing the perfect amount of material. The item sprite will even update to show the combined color of the ores!
- Composition bonuses, certain ratios of certain materials may have unexplained effects, good or bad. These can of course be exploited! The journeyman might have a few up his sleeve...
- New cool UI for the modular weapon process. You will be able input the weapon and check composition of materials inside, and if there are none insert some! And of course install those precious modules!
- Modding Station. Advanced station where you will install modules.
- The Tinkers Forge will now be upgradable in Hardmode with cobalt/palladium, and again with shroomite. The shroomite will allow the combination of the modding bench into one ultimate Modular Workstation.
It keeps going!! We look forward to the future, but for now stay tuned.

- Masi and The Adventure Mod team

and p.s the forum page will be updated soon with this amazing stuff :)

I return with more juicy details!

This week you'll learn about Curses

- Curses are effects you can instill into armor using dark magic.
- The mystery behind curses lay a secret, but you may uncover more about the ancient magic during your adventures.
- Relics and other old Runes can be found to cast curses into your armor, these curses can provide many different powers.
- But Curses aren't perfect, they will always come with a drawback, be wise when choosing, it can never be undone.
- Curses sort of act like prefixes/modifers to armor, allowing more customization for the player.
- To keep things simple, there won't be very many curses, only a few. But they won't be easy to acquire.

Here is one of the Curses, The Curse of The Frostwork. It can be enchanted into any armor and grant it the untamed power of the ancient frostwork, allowing you to travel with ease, and become stronger in the snow biome. But weaker in warmer biomes like the desert or the underworld.

I think Curses will provide a unique path for the player to travel down. Customizing your armor will allow you to have better class focused armor for early game, and even stronger late game effects.

Meanwhile we have been working on UI and planning the Advancement Tree for modules. As of now, there won't be many more features to show because this is about it! This mod focuses on allowing the player to build their perfect set of tools and now enchant armor to their liking. While also adding adventure aspects like quests and exploration.

We realize this may seem complicated so we are working our best to make UI and other aspects as simple and straightforward as possible, but for those who need it the Adventure Ledger will have a basic guide for the mod.

It will be a bit before you hear from the team or I again, we are going in for the long haul to make big progress on the mod. I will return with a fresh new forum containing gifs and pictures of the beautiful UI and previews of the Adventure Ledger!

Best,
- Masi

I only just realized, that I haven't posted, that I really want to see this mod released, just after you made this page and added some details. This mod looks and sounds really promising and the ideas in it are more focused on new features than in Frontiers mod. I'd like to play it when it releases. I really like the idea of having a lot of interesting quests in the game and modukar items sound interesting too.

Back
Top Bottom