Biomes & Nature The Arachnids (Alternate Evil Biome)

ThatRandomBuilderGuy

Eye of Cthulhu
While the corruption is... evil and the crimson is gross, there’s not a biome that’s outright creepy,
Coming all the way from the underground, spooky scary spiders...
(Sprites are welcome as there are currently none)
(Stuff will be added over time)

TERRAIN
It would obviously be white and brown themed.
Blocks and stuffs:
Spider grass is white.
Webstone
Websand
Brown ice.
Trees would be brown with white leaves.
Spidore.

MOBS:
Ball o Fangs
A ball that looks like a bunch of spider fangs in a ball. Dashes towards the player after charging for 2s.
Silken Spider.
Looks like a spider, but with a scorpion tail. The tail shoots webbed globs that inflict Sticky on the player for 10s.
Spider.
What, you thought I wouldn’t add this? Looks like wall creeper, upgrades to black recluse in hard mode. (Already in game)
(On blood moon:
Webbed Bunny
Webbed Goldfish (Has string on tail)
Webbed penguin

DEBUFFS:
Sticky, Fourth of your movement.

THE BOSS:
Arachne.
Huge spider. Scuttles around on giant legs. When it needs to fly... Web balloon.
Shoots giant webbed balls, Big fat pincers, and shoots spider eggs at you. It could be worse.. nah just kidding.
Drops Spidore, Sticky Webbing, low chance so if it’s mask and trophy, and a low chance of Sticky Staff.

EQUIPMENT:
Spidore: is the ore for the biome.
Sticky webbing: is the thing you use to craft the armor of the biome (Like shadow scales)
Spidore Bars: What do you think they are?
Spidore Armor:
Looks like webbing, and some spider fangs.
Special Ability:
Resistance to Sticky and occasionally out of the helmet, a spider web gets shot at enemy’s.
Sticky Staff
Description: Summons a pet spider.
“Are you sure you want this?”

More coming soon!

This is too specialized. If you're like me and don't care about spiders in the slightest, it's uninteresting and ineffective. If you really are terrified of spiders, this biome could outright cause you great trauma, as I've met others before who cannot stand the spider-nests already in the game.

Here's my thoughts on the biome:

1. Like @Lord Garak stated, it's too specific. Besides, there are already spiders in the game.
2. I don't see how this is an evil biome... It's just spiders.
3. There is already a spider biome that sounds a lot like what you described.
4. There might be some potential, but start small. And try to upload most of the stuff when you first make it, otherwise you will get demotivated.
5. I might be bias as I'm not scared of spiders, but it doesn't seem to match the ominous of spreading evil like the other two biomes do.

Last edited:
Here's my thoughts on the biome:

1. Like @Lord Garak stated, it's too specific. Besides, there are already spiders in the game.
2. I don't see how this is an evil biome... It's just spiders.
3. There is already a spider biome that sounds a lot like what you described.
5. I might be bias as I'm not scared of spiders, but it doesn't seem to match the ominous of spreading evil like the other two biomes do.
1. The more spiders, the merrier
2. Agreed, it should be a Hallow alternative
3. The more spiders, the merrier
5. Yeah, it's something you want to spread to entire world

> the crimson is gross, there’s not a biome that’s outright creepy
Crimson is pretty creepy and stressful I can tell ya.

Back
Top Bottom