NPCs & Enemies The Artificial Brain (Mechanical Brain of Cthulhu)

TheTrueBrawler

Plantera
The as 45000 (80000) Health, and 30 Defense. This boss has Two Phases.

Much like it's PreHardmode counterpart, it will start off invincible. It will slowly move towards the player while frequently teleporting. His appearance will also spawn Mechanical Brain Cells.

There are 41 (61) Mechanical Brain Cells. They will circle the Mechanical Brain and shoot lasers at the player while occasionaly trying to ram them.
- They have 250 (500) health each.
- They have 10 Defense each.
- They deal 70 (95) contact damage.
- They deal 50 (70) laser damage.
- They will never drop anything upon death.

It will attempt to Ram the player at higher speeds then its PreHardmode counterpart. This time it is immune to knockback.
- It does 85 (120) contact damage.
- Contact damage can inflict random Debuffs.
- They last 5-20 (10-40) seconds based on the Debuff.

On occasion, he may stop attacking the player, and begin randomly teleporting. This is because he is doing his Revive move. If he is not attacked in 10 seconds, he will revive his Mechanical Brain Cell army with half of their normal health. However an attack against him will deal 5 (10) times normal damage after armor if he is in the middle of this move.

The Loot are the same as the Destroyer except that the Mask and Trophy are now related to the Artificial Brain.

Last edited:
I like this idea, but I'm stuck on the numbers at the moment. In regards to the Mechanical Brain Cells, you are suggesting that the last Cell could have 50/70 Defense. That is peered only to Duke Fishron pre-transform and The Moon Lord, and the Hardmode Cells have even more Defense than those two. The only other thing I have to question is the Debuff Duration. Is this to override the debuff's base Duration, or is this to act similar to the Feral Debuff in Expert Hardmode that you receive from the variants of Bats?

I like this idea, but I'm stuck on the numbers at the moment. In regards to the Mechanical Brain Cells, you are suggesting that the last Cell could have 50/70 Defense. That is peered only to Duke Fishron pre-transform and The Moon Lord, and the Hardmode Cells have even more Defense than those two. The only other thing I have to question is the Debuff Duration. Is this to override the debuff's base Duration, or is this to act similar to the Feral Debuff in Expert Hardmode that you receive from the variants of Bats?
Edited out the part where they get stronger, but as for debuffs, it depends really. The debuff type will determine how long it lasts to make it a rather fair fight.
  • Debuffs like Poison, Confused, Silenced, Cursed, On Fire, and Cursed Inferno will last 5-10 (10-20) seconds.
  • Debuffs like Broken Armor, Weak, Bleeding, Slow, Darkness, and Ichor will last 10-20 (20-40) seconds.
Keep in mind that Debuffs that are Green can be blocked by the Ankh Shield, so you won't even have to worry about them.
[doublepost=1466950738,1466950642][/doublepost]
How about Brain of Metal? Or maybe RoboBrain?

I really like RoboBrain. It sticks out to me for some reason.

Edited out the part where they get stronger, but as for debuffs, it depends really. The debuff type will determine how long it lasts to make it a rather fair fight.
  • Debuffs like Poison, Confused, Silenced, Cursed, On Fire, and Cursed Inferno will last 5-10 (10-20) seconds.
  • Debuffs like Broken Armor, Weak, Bleeding, Slow, Darkness, and Ichor will last 10-20 (20-40) seconds.
Keep in mind that Debuffs that are Green can be blocked by the Ankh Shield, so you won't even have to worry about them.
I got a little worried with the Defense of those things, thanks to hearing that head's up. And I like the numbers for the Debuffs, seems very fair.
I really like RoboBrain. It sticks out to me for some reason.
Be careful with that, the name RoboBrain is copyrighted to Bethesda for their Automatron DLC for Fallout 4.

I think this is a GREAT idea! But the last cell shouldn't have any more defense than the other ones. (And I really like the name "Mecha Cerebrum"). Great job! :D

Although the brain does need a mech revamp, I think that is too close to the original BOC, and it copies components from the Destroyer. Also, an enemy with 50/70 defence, has a damage reduction rate of 25/35 I believe, meaning that a lot of attacks will only do 1-2 damage at this stage of hardmode. Also would this be summonable in Corruption worlds (with Crimson biome obviously), and whatever the answer is to that, would it work respectively for the Destroyer.

Back
Top Bottom