WIP The Blank Page: The Story of an Oblivion Secret

DarkWiz17

Spazmatism
This is the story of my imaginary super-company named Oblivion that has a secret.

I came up with Oblivion a while ago and became obsessed with it, so I created a roleplay forum. It kind of died, so to keep it alive I will write tales of the stuff the Oblivion has been through, and what they have done that will change the world forever.

The helicopter spun out of control as the pilots tried to veer it away from the convoy, but they were unsuccessful. The helicopter slammed into the leading Humvee, sending it skidding into the ditch. The other five vehicles in the convoy slid to a halt, soldiers rushing out of their vehicles to guard the limo.

Another loud explosion. This time the backmost Humvee exploding into a fiery inferno and shrapnel.

A couple of moments later, everything was quiet. The soldiers' tension lowered as they moved slowly back into their vehicles. Then the ground started shaking. The soldiers tensed up again, and a huge metal worm slammed out of the ground and lifted it's head and stared at the limo. The many segments of the worm continuously spun like a wheel, and where the head was supposed to be was a gaping hole and 3 sharp pincers gleamed in the desert sun.

The soldiers started laying hell into the beast, but the noise just made it mad. The gaping mouth opened grossly out of proportion and roared. As the mouth returned to the shape of a circle, the worm drove into the ground and disappeared. The worm's exit hole mysteriously filled back up with sand, leaving no traces that a giant worm dug into the ground and disappeared. The shaking stopped, and the soldiers ran back to their vehicles and the convoy sped off.

After driving like mad for 10 seconds, the driver of the leading Humvee looked in his rearview mirror and saw the limo lifting 50 feet into the air and slamming back down. Then the worm burst out of the ground to beat up the other vehicles. A couple of seconds later, only scrap and bodies and the limo remained. The back door of the limo burst open and a terrified U.S President quivered at the sight of the giant worm. Then the worm spoke in a deep, distorted voice, "The CEO didn't vote for you. Cockroach." The worm rammed into the ground, gobbling up the President and disappearing into the ground.

The CEO woke up to a loud rumbling.

He opened his eyes as the curtains were opening and a large shadow lurched up from below the window sill and slowly the CEO's eyes adjusted. A large mechanical worm was looking inside the large apartment, it's pincers rotating slowly. "It is taken care of," the worm said.

The CEO rubbed his eyes and rested his hands on his silk pajamas. He said, "Driller-Bot. Designation?"

The Driller-Bot replied, "Maxwell, sir."

"Good job. I see you have some holes. Go to the hospital and get fixed. Also tell Driller Tangent to do a patrol around Containment Alpha. Heard some rumblings around OCO 256's containment. You know what 256 is?"

"The dragon demon."

"Exactly," the CEO said, "so go. Thanks."

Maxwell descended, shoving full sunlight in the CEO's face. The elevator opened to his right, and a bodyguard walked in, full face mask and body armor and everything.
"Hawk," the guard said, "the Russians are banging on your door again. One of them's threatening to press a big red button which supposedly 'will launch a nuke towards us.'"

The CEO, which went by the codename "Hawk", for security reasons, considered his options. Hawk then said, "Send Driller Sage. She's quiet. Then clean the rest of them up with Stalkers. Scramble the button." The bodyguard nodded once and walked back into the elevator.

Stalkers are large dog-like mechanical beings which are silent and capable of instant death to their targets by suffocation.

A loud rumbling , screams, and a large shadow flying up into the sky confirmed Hawk's orders and he got up from his bed. The shadow twisted around and slammed back into the ground, sending Hawk tumbling over.

"Jeez. Sage is mad," he mumbled to himself. The ground rumbled more as Hawk lay on the ground waiting for the onslaught of roars and screams to end. A few seconds later, everything went quiet.

Hawk got up and walked over to the Auto-Dresser, and stepped inside the titanium container. The door closed and locked and the dressing procedure begun. First came off the shirt, then the pants, and then the full-body bullet-proof vest came on and then the business suit. The door then opened and he stepped out onto the plush carpet.

Hawk walked to the elevator, shoes clicking on the hardwood flooring surrounding the elevator. Then a Stalker jumped from the ceiling onto the hardwood right in front of the CEO.

Hawk jumped back, raising his right arm which held a loaded golden Desert Eagle. The Stalker opened it's mouth and growled, but quickly realizing who it's talking to, settled down.

"What are you doing?" Hawk said. A mechanical voice replied, "Stalker production halted due to unknown readings in the new Stalkers."

"I'll take a look," Hawk replied, "and get the Science Branch on this. Make our Stalkers more quiet. I heard you walking around the ceiling." The Stalker stretched and two ropes shot up from it's midsection to the ceiling, where it was pulled up and it walked off.

Hawk entered his elevator and hit "Meeting Room".

The elevator doors opened to a large office place with people working at each cubicle. Hawk walked past them to the Meeting Room, which was at the far end of the room. Windows spanned across the whole of the room, where a bright sun was rising. Crisp, clean air came from the various vents located every twenty feet in the room.

People were already assembled in the Meeting Room, so when Hawk walked in they all looked at him. Hawk sat down at the head of the table, and opened his briefcase which contained today's plans. "Sir," Chief of Staff Bill Timms started to say, "Oblivion's stocks are up by 20%. Employee rates are down by 2.432% and HALO Domes Bravo and Yendo are down for repairs from yesterday's attacks."

"Attacks?" Hawk said, disappointed.

"Yesterday's attack, sir. 5 enemy Apache Helicopters attacked each both Domes and then bugged off. We tracked them to an abandoned building in Afghanistan, in the south." A blue hologram of Earth appeared in the middle of the table and zoomed in on Afghanistan, where a red blip was pulsing on the south border of Afghanistan.

"I want to visit there. Evaluate." Hawk said.

"Uhh," Bill Timms said, "We can have Nine-Tailed Fox sweep the area for you. But we are currently on thin ice with Afghanistan."

"Why?"

"Well, what do you expect when you send a covert assassin to take down their president and it fails? They still blame us, even though there was no evidence leading back to us."

"I'm going there," Hawk said, getting up, leaving his suitcase sitting on the table, "but for safe measures inform Driller-Bots Oyo and Wyatt to our situation. Might have to have them come for exfil is things go off the wire." Hawk walked out of the room, walking to the elevator to go down to the front.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The elevator doors opened up and two bodyguards were waiting for him. They both saluted him and made way for him. Hawk walked down the red carpet, passing by many tourists who goggled at him and took pictures. The receptionists smiled and said hello as he walked by. Hawk walked out the glass doors and he heard one of the bodyguards say, "Golden Eagle exiting the building."

"When did my codename change?" Hawk asked, staring at the black limo in front of him. The limo had dark windows, with bulletproof tires and windows, and multiple hidden flares, miniguns, and Whistler missiles. The limo driver came around the corner and opened the door for him, smiling at him a bit creepily.

Suddenly two large arms wrapped around his waist and he was pulled back onto the ground and was rolled over. Hawk turned his head and saw the limo driver fighting the other bodyguard, and he was losing. The driver pulled out a button and pressed it.The bodyguard kicked the driver's legs and he fell, and the bodyguard restrained him. Tourists rushed out of the building as a C-130 attack plane ripped right through the skyscraper which Hawk was originally in. A huge piece of rubble slammed into the ground next to him, the bodyguard still on top of him. The ground thundered as three Driller-Bots cascaded out of the ground to grab at the airplane, but they missed. The Drillers slammed back into the ground to make another go at the airplane, which was firing .25 mm bullets at the ground.

The Drillers lifted out of the ground once again, each getting a hold on a part of the plane. They pulled the plane down immediately, which hit the outskirts of the compound.

Hawk started rolling again.This time a bunch of Stalkers were circled around him, growling at nothing.

"We are getting him out of here!" The bodyguard on his yelled. The other bodyguard helped them up and they ran away from the building, toward freedom and safety as the skyscraper collapsed completely.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm being bloody hunted!" Hawk yelled at the President of the United States over video-chat. The POTUS was on Air Force One in an undisclosed location, but Hawk triangulated the call and they are over the Atlantic Ocean, around the middle.

"Now, son. Today's attacks were nothing. In fact, a couple of fighter jets almost took us down a couple of minutes ago. Did I get mad? Yes, but I didn't scream at the President of the freaking United States," POTUS said. A bodyguard entered the video and whispered to the President. "I gotta go, son. Be careful. And remember. I. Don't. Care."

The video was suspended, and Hawk threw his phone at the TV, which cracked. "I'm going to get you. Tomorrow. When you're in your convoy. Hah!"

Hawk turned on his heels and walked to his makeshift bedroom, walking past workers and security guards. The large titanium door slid opened and he turned right, passing by more security guards. Hawk's phone rang, so he answered it.

"Sir," a distorted voice said.

"When am I getting out of this bunker?" Hawk interrupted.

"A couple of days. Listen. There are exactly 3 people in that bunker that are working for Chaos Inc, the people who sent a C-130 sliding through your skyscraper. Look around, does anyone look a bit Russian? Accent? Tell me."

"Chaos Inc? That's my subsection. My own sector is turning against me?"

"Obviously. Look around." The voice said. Hawk looked around and everyone looked normal. He turned and headed back to Command to look around. A worker slammed into his shoulder, and they both turned to look at each other. The worker's features were not of American origin, but the worker quickly turned away and fast-walked off.

"I found one." Hawk said.

"Great. I need you to go into your room and press the big red button for me, yah?" The voice said. Hawk did so, walking past a bunch of people to get to his room. He turned to his right and found the red button and pressed it. The doors to his room slammed shut and blast doors came down around the whole room. "Now," the voice said, "Maxwell is on his way.

Last edited:
Will MY character have any play in this?
The SIC?
:p
Probably not, as there are multiple universes in the Oblivion world. Our forum is one, and the stuff I build in Minecraft are another. But each universe all have some things in common, some things which are mandatory in all universes:

1. Driller-Bots and Stalkers.
2. HALO Domes
3. Space and Earth branches.

And I can't really think of anything else.

Huh. Interesting work.
Thanks!!!!

Chapter Two is out! Is our hero unlucky, or is it karma? This chapter is pretty action filled!

(hopefully I can announce the chapters. some people might think this is bumping!)

Back
Top Bottom