• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.4 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

PC The blocks created by the ice rod should be swappable for other blocks

DisRicardo

Retinazer
I don't know if the Ice Rod's blocks not being swappable is a bug, an oversight or some balancing decision, but making them swappable would be very nice for building.

Right now it's kinda inconvenient, cause when you're building something in mid air you have to either break the initial ice rod block, wait for it to despawn, or precisely place it from the start in a position where it won't be in your way.

The rod would be more builder-friendly if its blocks were swappable. I mean, cmon, does anybody really use it as a weapon or as the means to quickly block themselves out in a dangerous situation?

P. S. I don't think that we should add the reverse functionality, where any block could be swapped for a one created by the ice rod. That would kinda make the rod a strange pickaxe with extra steps :p

Calen

Skeletron Prime
I'm pretty sure it's not a bug.

The ice placed by the rod is a temporary, virtual block (being a summoned one), and when you mine it it doesn't drop a block. As it doesn't drop a block on mining, there is nothing to swap the block with. Essentially you would be swapping a block for nothing.

I am guessing it wasn't coded to swap a virtual block.

Last edited:
Top Bottom