NPCs & Enemies The Bone Legion

TehCooKidz

Skeletron Prime
when you think about it, there's only 3 normal invasions in terraria (goblin army, frost legion, and pirate invasion), and they all get boring pretty fast. so, in an effort to add more things to this category, I've came up with a brand new invasion that should add a little bit of vibe to the normal invasions. also, to spice up the other invasions, i'm going to add some items and mobs to the existing invasions. so let's get started, shall we?

HOW TO START
to start the event, you need a bone cross, witch is made with 100 bones, 5 souls of night,15 souls of fright, and a skull

BONE LEGION MOBS
skele-ton
200 hp
30 damage
14 defense
basically a buffed-up normal skeleton, except much slower. also can put slowness on you (1/5 chance)
DROPS: heavy plating (25%), bone, skull(.5%), darkbone mace (2%)

bone wolf
456 hp
40 damage
17 defense
has two forms. in first form it resembles a skeletonized werewolf and moves at an average rate. but in 2nd form, it becomes enraged (much like the lizhard) and gains a 300% speed boost. also can inflict bleeding and moon fever{in this debuff you take damage if there is a moon onscreen}
DROPS: moon charm(1.67%), bone, the scratcher(.25%), dead fur coat (3%), vial of blood (1%)

bone hawk
510 hp
38 damage
26 defense
flies around, swoops down similar to the wyvern, and can drop bone eggs that spawn in homing mini hawks
DROPS: bone, bone feather(.5%), deadwing staff(.10%), leather gauntlet(1.25%)

bonegrid
720 hp
46 damage
20 defense
resembles hagrid if he were a skeleton. summons in either a mini bone hawk (300 hp) or a fangskull (400 hp) upon death either summon will chase ypu down and attempt to kill you
DROPS: deadwing staff(.5%), doomdog staff(.7%), tamer gauntlet(.67%), spider cage (10%)

fyrebone knight (rare)
968 hp
50 damage
35 defense
starts out as a flaming armored skeleton with a shield. when in close range swings a flaming sword, when farther away uses a spear. at half health, his armor breaks and he is no longer on fire, but his bones have an orange glow to them. obviously can set you on fire
DROPS: heavy plating, bone, fyrebone saber(1.1%), fyrebone halberd(1.2%), fire gauntlet(5%), greek fire(2%)

Prometheus (super rare)
4,200 health
65 damage
40 defense
(black vulture)
600 hp
49 damage
28 defense
one will always spawn towards the end of the event. basically the ice golem type enemy, if you will. when he spawns he's surrounded by 9-11 black vultures. he will then throw out a random organ that one of the vultures will follow. if it hits you it will hurt you and the vulture will automatically fly towards you. after killing all of the vultures Prometheus will charge towards you and throw fire circles at you. if one hits you, it will expand to fit around you and will do fire damage. once he dies, the event will end.
DROPS: disembowelment staff(.5%), ring of pain(1%), Hercules vanity set (entire,22.22%), eternal torch(4.5%)

BONE LEGION DROPS

materials
heavy plating
used to make bone armor

weapons
darkbone mace
49 melee damage
23% crit chance
strong knockback
a flail type weapon

the scratcher
53 melee damage
20% crit chance
average knockback
basically an enhanced bladed glove

deadwing staff
36 summon damage
20% crit chance
weak knockback
10 mana
summons in bone hawklets that shoot bone feathers and swoop down

doomdog staff
48 summon damage
24% crit chance
very strong knockback
25 mana
a stationary summon that barks so powerfully that it hurts mobs

fyrebone saber
62 melee damage
15% crit chance
insane knockback
a super powerful sword that inflicts fire damage

fyrebone halberd
45 melee damage
20% crit chance
strong knockback
a flaming spear that can travel through blocks

disembowelment staff
64 magic damage
27% crit chance
strong knockback
5 hp(12 mana when below 25% health)
a powerful magic staff that shoots organs. however, it uses 5 of your health when above 25% health

ring of pain
57 magic damage
30% crit chance
very strong knockback
16 mana
shoots a fire ring that expands to fit a mob for endless damage

greek fire
64 ranged damage
an advanced molihov cocktail
is an infininte item

accessories
glass of blood
allows you to inflict bleeding damage

leather gauntlet
12% increased summon knockback

tamer gauntlet
1 extra minion and 13% increased summon damage

eternal torch
an infinite shine potion

dead fur coat
vanity cape

armor
bone armor
36 defense
16% increased damage for all weapons
set bonus: all attacks heal you when under 25% health

Hercules set
vanity, but it looks cool!

other
spider cage
have a pet spider to place in your house

OTHER EVENT DROPS/MOBS
goblin army

new mob: goblin ramer
300 hp
29 damage
14 defense
this goblin carries around a ram that can break blocks and has INSANE knockback
DROPS: banner(.5%), battle ram(1.67%)

new weapons: goblin longbow
17 ranged damage
12% crit chance
weak knockback
works like a normal bow, expect arrows can travel long distances
dropped by goblin archer(1%)

chaos tome
21 magic damage
11% crit chance
average knockback
17 mana
similar to the book of skulls, but projectiles can travel through blocks
dropped by goblin sorcerer (1%)

battle ram
24 melee damage
13% crit chance
strong knockback
when equipped, the weapon will appear in your hand(like the golden harp). when you run into enemies, they will be damaged

frost legion
new mob: suicide snowman
300 hp
45 damage
46 defense
acts like a normal snowman, but in close range it explodes and shoots snowballs in the air
drops: snow block, dynamite(50%)

new drops: snow machine gun
46 ranged damage
20% crit chance
very strong knockback
basically an advanced uzi
dropped by snowman gangster (5%)

pirate invasion
new drops: saboteur's repeater
41 ranged damage
23% crit chance
insane knockback
turns normal arrows into hellfire arrows
dropped by pirate crossbower (1.2%)

Gatling gun
28 ranged damage
25% crit chance
average knockback
shoots bullet super fast and occasionally fires grenades
dropped by pirate captian (.85%)

if you could sprite these items please do
also your feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:
Not too original, but that doesn't matter. I love the variety between each of the 'classes'.
I think some post Plantera dungeon monsters should spawn as well, like Bonelee, Necromancer, Hell Armoured Bones etc. (and the Paladin because it's the coolest enemy in the game amirite?)

The disembowelment Staff looks interesting, and it would be interesting to see how it would work with the Specter Armor [hood].

ok, but the event's intended as a pre plantera invasion. but perhaps they could spawn after defeating plantera?
This could work, yeah. Would probably be difficult to code, though.

I had an idea a few days ago but couldn't find the thread somehow.
You know how during the halloween season you can find goodie bags from mob drops, and most of the time you get costumes and vanity items from opening them?
Well, it has come to my attention that we don't have any skeleton costumes. The closest we have is the Reaper costume, but I want a legit skeleton costume, damn it!

Perhaps after beating the Bone Legion you can find skeleton costumes in goodie bags, but if that's not a good idea we can just have the costume pieces be a rare drop from the Bone Legion mobs, similar to the mummy costume from mummies and pirate clothes from the Pirate Invasion.

I like it, but this looks stats-wise to be far too hard for a post-Mech (technically, post only 1 Mech Boss!) invasion. It's more on a par with Hardmode Dungeon mobs, when we need to be looking more at Frost Legion + Pirate Invasion difficulty.

If you can tone the stats down across the board (including drops, though the drops aren't that imbalanced) you've earned my support!

If I made a suggestion about a skeleton army, but rather "The Skeleton War" and completely different mobs, would you be alright with that?
#SkeletonWar2014

I like it, but this looks stats-wise to be far too hard for a post-Mech (technically, post only 1 Mech Boss!) invasion. It's more on a par with Hardmode Dungeon mobs, when we need to be looking more at Frost Legion + Pirate Invasion difficulty.

If you can tone the stats down across the board (including drops, though the drops aren't that imbalanced) you've earned my support!
ok I see what you mean. I nerfed all of the weapons so they would be less powerful

Many issues:
Yeah just a small one: .10 is wrong .1 is right.
BONE LEGION DROPS
Simply waaay tooo many drops.
armor
bone armor
1.OP
2.Where are the recipes.
3.This seems to be late hardmode and yet this event is middle hardmode.
new mob: goblin ramer
300 hp
29 damage
14 defense
this goblin carries around a ram that can break blocks and has INSANE knockback
Pre hardmode, this is too strong.
chaos tome
26 magic damage
11% crit chance
average knockback
17 mana
similar to the book of skulls, but projectiles can travel through blocks
dropped by goblin sorcerer (1%)

battle ram
35 melee damage
13% crit chance
strong knockback
when equipped, the weapon will appear in your hand(like the golden harp). when you run into enemies, they will be damaged
Dude this is PRE HARDMODE!!!

suicide snowman is already in the files of terraria it was a scrap idea because the snow legion is annoying as it is with the snow block catapults

suicide snowman is already in the files of terraria it was a scrap idea because the snow legion is annoying as it is with the snow block catapults
I am aware of that, however mine would not blow up blocks
*grabs a vial of blood* *summons bat per on console/mobile version*
RENAME THE VIAL OF BLOOD NOW!
woops! I always forget about vial of blood. i'll fix it

Back
Top Bottom