NPCs & Enemies The Bounty Hunter/Hunter

Do you support this idea?

• Total voters

tec

Steampunker
Originally I posted this suggestion on the Terraria subreddit, but I wanted to post it here to receive some further feedback and possible additions to the idea I am here to present.

The Bounty Hunter NPC is an NPC that behaves similarly to the Angler. He is found in the cavern layer and once interacted with, will move into viable housing. Again, similarly to the Angler he will have daily/bi-daily quests, which involves killing a certain amount of a specific enemy, after which the player will receive a drop for killing the amount. For example, a day's quest may be to kill 50 Cave Bats, and on the 50th kill, an item named the Cave Bat Rune will be dropped. Bringing this item to the Bounty Hunter will reward you with a set-amount of credits (suggested by reddit-user SnappyDragon61151). The credits can be used in the Bounty Hunter's store to purchase rewards. This system is an improvement to the RNG system that is used by the Angler in my opinion, as players are able to obtain the items they want, when they want them, provided they have enough credits. This prevents duplicate drops for completing a quest.

After hardmode, the Bounty Hunter may set a bounty on a rare enemy (inspired by reddit-user zeppeIans). The rare enemy in question is virtually a mini-boss and will have a sensible amount of health, perhaps increasing once the player passes milestones such as the defeat of Plantera or the Mechanical Bosses. Once again, after the bounty has been completed, the player will be dropped a respective rune. Once presented to the Bounty Hunter, the player will be rewarded with higher credits than usual, or will be rewarded with higher-tier credits exclusively used to purchase better items from the Bounty Hunter.

I am certain that this idea has been suggested a plethora of times before, but I think that this is a very good idea. Please leave any feedback below.

Take care.

The game definitely needs some more quests that are not fishing all the time. The Bounty Hunter could be a NPC that gives players Armors and Weapons (which I definitely prefer over a fishing rod). Support!

It would be a rly good idea but it would make us the bounty hunters. But the NPC guy/quest that is not fishing is awsome

Back
Top Bottom