NPCs & Enemies The circus is coming to town! event suggestion.

what do you think about this idea?

• it's great!

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • it's good.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • it's good but needs a bit more work.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • it's good but needs a lot more work.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • it's good but requires tweaking a bit.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • it's bad but could be fixed easily.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it's bad but could be fixed with some effort

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it's bad but could be fixed with extra effort.

• I'm going to wait to see what you add next before I vote.

• I HAVE AN IDEAA (post in the comments section)

• Total voters

tacticturtle123

Steampunker
This is my second post on the terraria forums, bare with me.
so if you're a bit slow this is a clown-based event! I was originally going to work on another event but then I had an idea for this one and decided to work on my 1st event later. This event will have a progress bar that slowly progresses as you defeat enemies. but the progress bar moves 50% slower than other events.

if you leave a negative vote, please explain why so I can improve this event!

Name:
I'm not sure on a name yet. :p

Appears after:
This event will appear after the player has defeated the 3 mechanical bosses. Has a 1/15 chance of happening each day. if plantera has been defeated and the player hasn't encountered the event it will have a 1/5 chance of happening each day. until the player fights it. after the player defeats it the chance of it happening will go back to 1/15.

Achievements:
The Parade eradicator:
Defeat the circus event.
Objective: Defeat the circus event.

Enemies:
The clown (from Blood moon)
Damage 200 / 400 (bombs)
50 / 100 (walking into them)
Health 400 / 800
Defence 20
Knockback resistance 60%

The Ring tosser
Stays at the back and attacks the player by tossing hoops at them. if the hoops hit the player it traps them for 3 seconds.
Damage 100 / 250 (hoops)
75 / 150 (walking into them)
Health 700/ 1250
Defence 28
Knockback resistance 90%
DROPS:
3% chance for a Hoop

Freak Show
it looks like 2 "The possesed" enemies from the solar eclipse event standing up next to each other. will stand still for 3 seconds before charging at the player like a biome specific mimic would do.
Damage 300 / 500 (being charged at)
Health 1200 / 2000
Defence 25
Knockback resistance 80%
DROPS:
1% chance for tattered cloth.

Comedy Act
attacks the player with melee attacks. when the player is hit they are inflicted with the Laughing debuff for 6 seconds.
Damage 200 / 250 (melee)
Health 400 / 800
Defence: 25
Knockback resistance 40%

2% chance for an air horn.

Mime
inflicts the silenced debuff the same way medusa inflicts the stoned debuff. except turning around won't help you. inflicts the silenced debuff for 15 seconds.
Damage 75 / 125 (being silenced)
75/ 150(walking into them)
Health 600/ 1000
Defence 25
Knockback resistance 60%

DROPS: 1% chance for the silencer.

The strong man
mainly used as a damage sponge.
walks at half the speed of a paladin.
AI: Fighter
Damage: 10/50 (walking into them)
Health 6500/8500
Defence 45
Knockback resistance 100%

DROPS: 1% chance for a dumb bell.

The trapezist
When it first spawns in. it will build a trapezium rope at the top of the screen which will take 10 seconds. after it does that it will jump on top of the trapeze rope and chuck the sticks that trapezists hold while going across a trapeze to help maintain balance at the player. if there is already a trapeze built it'll skip the building phase and jump on top of the trapeze and chuck the sticks at the player.
Damage 200 / 275 (the stick things)
Health 1000 / 1600
Defence 26
Knockback resistance 100
%
DROPS: 25% chance for 10-50 rope.

Flying act
Damage 150/ 200 (crashing into the player) crashing into the player inflicts the confused debuff on the player for 5 seconds.
75 / 145 (walking into them)

Health 400 / 800
Defence 24
Knockback resistance 20%
DROPS: 10% chance for a lucky horseshoe.

Cannon
Fires Flying act enemies at the player every 5 seconds.
Health 3500 / 6200
Defence 26

DROPS: 5% chance for 5-6 cannonballs.

The Lion Tamer. sits at the back and summons 2 lions to attack the player. will re-summon those lions when they die. until you kill them.
Health 400 / 800
Defence 20
Knockback resistance 0%

DROPS: 50% chance for a whip.

Lion
Damage: 120/ 160 (walking into them)
Health 600 / 1100
Defence 26
Knockback resistance 85%
DROPS: 5% chance for a lihzahrd on a stick.

Psycopath. Rides on a giant ball like the Clown and charged towards the player. when it hits the player it explodes. the explosion has the range of dynamite but DOESN'T destroy blocks. Killing The Psycopath will also cause them to explode.
Damage 300 / 400 (Explosion)
Health 150/ 200
Defence 24
DROPS: 10% chance for 5-6 bombs.

Magician (mini boss) has multiple different attacks. and holds a fake magic wand that they use to attack.
ATTACKS:
Damage 220 / 280 (Firework explosion) will wave their magic wand at the player and summon a firework explosion at the players location.
Damage 0/0 (random debuff) casts a small,fast moving projectile that will inflict a random debuff on the player for 5 seconds.
Damage 0/0 (teleport) will teleport to a random location that is on the player's screen.
Damage 40/80 (heat seeking wand) will chuck their wand at the player. the wand will follow the player until it hits them.
Damage 150/250 (fire dragon) summons a see-through red firey dragon at the player.
Damage 50/125 (barrage) fires 10 small purple coloured fireballs at the player. each one dealing 200/250 damage.
Damage 0 (Mimic) will create false images of other clown based enemies. that have 1 HP but still deal normal damage.
Health 4500 / 8000
Defence 24

The ring master (the main mini-boss) carries a rod that they will use to attack the player with. the ring master will only appear when the progress bar reaches 99% any clown type enemies killed when the progress bar reaches 99% will not count towards the progress bar.
ATTACKS:
Damage 0/0 (heal) will place their rod. on the floor that summons an AOE healing effect that heals all nearby clown type enemies. (heals 100 health a second for 5 seconds.)
Damage 0/0 (summon) will quadruple the spawn rate of all clown-based enemies for 10 seconds. however killing clown enemies while fighting this mini boss won't count towards the progress bar.
Damage 150/175 (disappear) will dissapear and after 5 seconds reappear in front of the player. if they hit the player it deals 50/75 damage.
Damage 0/0 (lions) will summon 4 lions to attack the player.
Damage 100/200 (bombs) will chuck 5 bombs at the player. each bomb has the range of dynamite and will NOT destroy blocks upon exploding.
Damage 100/200 (debuff) casts a large,slow moving projectile that gives the player 5 random debuffs.

Damage 200/250 (hoops) throws 3 hoops at the player. each one inflicting the hooped! debuff for 5 seconds.
Damage 0/0 (flying act) 10 flying act enemies will fly from the sides of the screen and hit the player.
Damage 300/350(charge) charges at the player like a biome specific mimic would. ONCE
Damage 230/230 when the ring master reaches 10 HP they will gain 999999 defence. they will only take 1 damage per shot. they will move at half the speed of a paladin and attempt to hit the player. if they manage to hit the player it will deal.. damage. to the player.
Health 6000/9500
Defence 24

New Debuffs:
Hooped! cannot move.
Laughing! ranged attack speed decreased by 30% and melee damage reduced by 20%, movement speed also decreased by 15%

Drop information:
HOOP:
melee weapon.
Inflicts the Hooped! debuff on enemies for 5 seconds.
34 damage.
critical hit chance: 5%
average speed.

AIR HORN:
equipable
10% chance for enemies to recieve the silenced and confused debuff for 5 seconds after attacking you. and 5% chance for melee attacks to inflict the silenced and confused debuff for 6 seconds.

THE SILENCER:
equipable.
gun weapons make no noise.
20% chance for enemies hit by this weapon to recieve the silenced debuff. making magic based enemies unable to attack.

WHIP:
melee weapon
deals 56 damage
speeds up the player while being used.
very fast speed.
1% knockback
7% critical strike chance.

DUMB BELL:
equipable
Increases Melee damage by 10%

LIHZAHRD ON A STICK:
Summons a pet lion.

That's all for now! expect more to be coming soon!

Changelog:
UPDATE 1: added the dumbbell and tweaked the magician's damage.

UPDATE 2: added the lihzahrd on a stick.

UPDATE 3: the Magician no longer does ridiculous damage when entering their pre-death stage.

Last edited:
Hey!, this is actually pretty good xD, needs some work of course, but overall it's balanced and well done, good job! :D

Hey!, this is actually pretty good xD, needs some work of course, but overall it's balanced and well done, good job! :D

Thanks! That's great to hear and means a lot! I've been busy with a pretty big new event. It has over 60 enemies and mini bosses. But I'll definitely give this thread the changes it needs when I've finished with my mega event thread

I like the idea. Maybe even after the event a clown npc can arrive randomily and temporarily selling vanity items you would get from presents and goodie bags. Also a lion pet drop, I mean come on.

I like the idea. Maybe even after the event a clown npc can arrive randomily and temporarily selling vanity items you would get from presents and goodie bags. Also a lion pet drop, I mean come on.

Huh, I'm quite surprised I didn't think of a lion pet drop. Also, I was considering a clown NPC but I don't think having NPCs based off of enemies should be done too often.

Damage 9999999/99999999 when the ring master reaches 10 HP they will gain 999999 defence. they will only take 1 damage per shot. they will move at half the speed of a paladin and attempt to hit the player. if they manage to hit the player it will instantly kill the player.
Health 6000/9500
Defence 24
well this is ridiculous
[doublepost=1501837454,1501837325][/doublepost]Even if its 10 HP left but 999999 is still absolutely ridiculous maybe change it to 210 dmg

well this is ridiculous
[doublepost=1501837454,1501837325][/doublepost]Even if its 10 HP left but 999999 is still absolutely ridiculous maybe change it to 210 dmg
now that I think about it, getting to the end of the event and lowering the bosses health, only for them to instantly kill me and having to start over would suck.
I'll change it.

necroo..
[doublepost=1513899325][/doublepost]I just looked at the damage the rest of the enemies deal and it's quite ridiculous. I'll change it later.

The teleport and random debuff attacks... just no
probably should've explained it better.
they don't instantly give you 5 random debuffs, they instead launch a slow projectile that gives you debuffs if you don't avoid it. This applies to both bosses.
not entirely sure what's wrong with teleportation, considering most of the magician boss is him throwing stuff at you while keeping his distance. it could just be used as a last resort for the magician in case the player has them cornered.
I'll update the descriptions!

Back
Top Bottom