Biomes & Nature The Citadel - A Dungeon Alt

Cjslick

Terrarian
Don't take this proposition the wrong way, but don't you get tired of the same old dungeon? The place isn't really the greatest, it's a dead crowd (see what I did there?), I'm hoping the Cultist event adds something interesting to it, but for now let's get cracking shall we?

The Citadel, A Castle in the Making:
I illustrated a small yet basic diagram of how a Citadel should be generated:
dgzF678.png

The Keep:
For you non-medieval enthusiasts, the Keep is the highest point in any castle which serves multiple pruposes, usually as a lookout, but it can be used to detain a VIP. The Keep is about the size of an NPC house 1 Golden Bed. In it will be 1 Cursed Chest and it will be where the Mechanic can be found once you open the Citadel, so there is an actual use for the Keep, it's not only asthetic.

The Upper Level:
This part of the Citadel and will consist of hallways or straighter segments. It will have openings in its walls so that it doesn't need to be lit by torches. This will be where a majority of Cursed Chests will be found, but it will also have some enemies in its hallways. It will also become more important when it comes to Hardmode.

The Lower Level:
The Lower Level is more similar to the Dungeon, with traps, water candles, giant rooms and treacherous tunnels. Some more Cursed Chests can be found here, but they are less common than compared to the Upper Level, and it will contain the rest of the exclusive enemies to the Citadel. This level will contain more of

Unlocking the Citadel:
Don't even worry, our little old friend the Clothier is still going to be cursed, however he's found a new master, infact he's found the Taskmaster:

Taskmaster:
i3t2zuP.png

HP: 3900
Defense: 15
Attack: 25 (40 after losing weapon)

Taskmaster himself is the main target, but not the main threat, however when he loses his weapon he unleashes a nearly unavoidable thwomp attack (he will hover directly above you and then violently slam into you, he will be vulnerable for 3 seconds after the thwomp as an opportunity to deal some hefty damage.)
Drops:
Gold_Coin.png
Lesser_Healing_Potion.png
Lesser Healing Potions (5-15)
JCG6Qcv.png
Taskmaster Helmet (Vanity)(14%)
ZOdENjZ.png

Taskmaster Staff (10%)
Taskmaster Trophy (10%)

Taskmaster Prod:
CqKSyM6.png

HP: 1000
Defense: 10
Attack: 30

The arms of Taskmaster weild a threatening weapon, The weapon will float by taskmaster in a swaying semicircle, then it will charge and attack from the side, then from above and to the side again. It will then float back and continue to sway in its menacing semicircle until the next strike.

If you don't defeat this menacing boss, the Citadel Guardian will thwomp anyone who tresspasses in his dominion.

The First enemies of the Citadel:
Fervorous Slime:
sHRcjLx.png

HP:175
Attack: 25
Defense: 10
KB Res.: 10%
AI: Slime
Drops:
PdoMMJb.png
(100%)

Bold Effigy:
MUoZH0N.png

HP: 90 - 130
Attack: 20-30
Defense: 10- 20
KB Res.: 50%
AI: Fighter
Has 3 other forms each with different stats (Differing stats are within threshold)
Drops:
6aWMmX1.png
(1-3) (~98%)
PdoMMJb.png
(~1%)
Clothier_Voodoo_Doll.png
(.33%)

Bold Charismatic:
FXAyYF3.png

HP:75
Attack: 15
Defense: 5
KB Res.: 100%
AI: Caster
Shoots 2 Gold Ballsin a close spread pattern.
Drops:
6aWMmX1.png
(1-3) (~98%)
PdoMMJb.png
(~1%)
Clothier_Voodoo_Doll.png
(.33%)

Warding Medallion:
J3Op5sS.png

HP:60
Attack: 30
AI: Flying (Cursed Skull)
Moves faster when attacking.
6aWMmX1.png
(1-3) (~98%)
PdoMMJb.png
(~1%)
Nazar.png
(1%)

Triune Beam:
k3aKlub.png

HP: ∞
Attack: 20, 60 (Beam)
The first trap in the Citadel, it travels similarly to the flaming wheel, but it instead floats in the middle of the air, trying to maintain its path. The beams shooting from its protruding ends are constantly firing, which means you can't walk through them without getting hurt. They will move either clockwise or counter clockwise very slowly, making it easy to dodge them.

Marabounta:
aR05vPr.png

Attack: 3 HP/s (If in area infected with Marabounta)

This Trap can spawn on any surface (Floor, Walls and Ceiling) and it only gets more annoying. Every second, this contraption spreads gray blobs along the surface, eventually once it touches a player, the gray blobs will begin to swallow the player whole. While in contact with the Marabounta's Grey Blobs (which will be called Marabounta) you lose 3 HP each second. Can be as annoying if not more annoying than spikes. (It can only spawn Marabounta until it has reached its area limit of 30 blocks)

Like the Spike Ball, it can be destroyed by mining the block its placed on.

Proxy Shot:
8V9BwiQ.png

Attack: 35
This trap can only spawn on a floor type surface. When the player gets close to the base (about 10 blocks) It will shoot a little probe which will shoot in three beams in the general direction of the player. The probe will eventually fly back into the base. It has a 2 second cooldown befoe the base can shoot another probe.

Can also be destroyed by mining the block its placed on.

Spawning:
Upper Level:
- Effigy
- Triune Beam
- Proxy Shot
- Fervorous Slime

Lower Level:

- Charismatic
- Medallion
- Marabounta
- Fevorous Slime

Cursed Chests and the Epic Loots!
Cursed Chests:
2FRnb6l.png

They are indeed unlocked. But are they? Cursed Chests:
One of the following:
- A Trident/Enchanted Boomerang(with a negative modifier)
- A Flintlock (also with a negative modifier)
- A Copper/Tin Gem Staff (you guessed it, with a negative modifier)
- A Shackle (Not modified.)
- An Invisibility Potion.
Then any 3 of these:
- 1-2 Copper/Tin Bar
- 2-5 Shuriken/Throwing Knives
- 2-5 Torches/Bottles
- 1-8 Copper Coins

So yeah, these cursed chests are absolutely terrible. And that's what any player would think, you could go out on a limb and just take the loot, but if you do you won't get any of the improved loot.

How to remove the Curse:
The curse is removed by inserting a Countercurse into the chest, then exiting the chest. The chest will turn into a puff of silver smoke, and where the chest had gone away a shiny Gold chest will be there with a vast improvement of loot.

Trident becomes:
Waning Glaive:
cUrWVT8.png

25 Melee Damage
Fast Speed
Weak Knockback
(Has blue particles similar to Blue Moon)

Enchanted Boomerang becomes:
Akuma Fuma
rr9G7xz.png

27 Melee Damage
Very Fast Speed
Weak Knockback
(Fires purple particles like Dark Lance)

Flintlock becomes:
Fuzzblaster
n86Sx4X.png

6 Ranged Damage
Insanely Fast Speed (Uzi)
Extremely Weak Knockback
"Ratatatatatatat!"

Copper/Tin Gem Staff becomes:
Multiplier Rod
0loxMJe.png

20 Magic Damage
Average Speed
Strong Knockback
"Shoots an arrow which divides into homing arrows."

Shackle becomes:
Palladium Shield
0rp12qK.png

3 Defense
Halves damage taken from ranged attacks when standing still.

Invisibility Potion becomes:
Witches' Brew
YFNZSH7.png

Drinking bottled water gives you a random buff for 45 seconds. (Using this effect grants potion sickness, and means you cannot use this effect again.)

The Post-Plantera Citadel
The Citadel will have one major element different from the Dungeon, and that is the enemy that spawns from post plantera entities.

Midas:
tTFYwbe.png

HP: 999
Attack: 40 (Inflicts Midas)
Defense: 45
KB Res.: 100%
AI: Slow Fighter
Drops:
GMx98ky.png
(1-2) Hex (Ectoplasm equivalent)
Gold_Dust.png
(1-3) Gold Dust (Merchant no longer needs to sell Gold Dust. Dungeon Spirits drop Ether (
lRqhfHD.png
) similarly to how Midas drops Gold Dust.)
Midas Spawns similarly to how dungeon spirits spawn, except enemies killed will break into golden particles and Midas will spawn.

Each of these enemies will be found in the Citadel after beating Plantera.

Warrior Effigy:
f34XMni.png

HP: 450 - 700
Attack: 40 - 80 (Inflicts Armor Break)
Defense: 40 - 50
KB Res.: 75%
(Also has 3 other forms with varying stats represented by threshold)
Drops:
Armor_Polish.png
(1%)

Lancer Effigy:
VZ6s11W.png

HP: 400 - 650
Attack: 35 - 70 (Inflicts Bleeding)
Defense: 25 - 50
KB Res.: 65%
(Also has 3 other forms with varying stats represented by threshold)
Drops:
Adhesive_Bandage.png
(1%)

Buster Blader:
iK1knDJ.png

HP: 1350
Attack: 90
Defense: 60
KB Res.: 80%
AI: Tortise
(Attacks with a heavy jump slash similarly to a tortises' shell spin.)
Drops:
Buster Arm (2%)
Dragon Slayer (1%)

Railgunner:
XvC4ZBX.png

HP: 375
Attack: 160
Defense: 40
KB Res.: 40%
AI: Sniper
Drops:
Railgun (1%)

Sagious Effigy:
wR8UAwZ.png

HP: 400
Attack: 75
Defense: 30
KB Res.: 40%
AI: Caster
(Shoots 4 orbs around caster then home into target, projectiles can move through walls.)
Drops:
Fortune Strike (1%) (Sagious' Spell)

I'll be editing this topic and including additional items, I just want the topic to get a little more active and let people know that there should be a Dungeon alt, that adds a little more texture to worldgen. Most sprites are custom made by yours truly, however some are retextures or basic modifications of pre existing sprites. If you want to add your own sprites please message me or post them here, I'll be sure to give you credit, and if you suggest the stats and weapons, I'll also add them and credit you to the suggestion.

Sorry I didn't get to finish this there was only so much I could recover from my last attempted edit. I'll be doing a few more interesting things you may or may not really like. I want to see how well people respond to the topic before I continue to edit it.

Last edited:
The sprites could use more shading, but the idea is good. It needs stats for the enemies, and uses for the unique items dropped.

You are supposed to give reasons why you like it.
I like it because it still has a militaristic, emperical theme, while being different in many ways.
I like it because it's a dungeon alt, which I have not seen before.
If you want more reasons, here's my short list. :p
The way it is entered-
The boss
The first time the player is not using keys to unlock chests...

And so on ;)

Alright guys and girls, I've added the cursed chests section, I hope you guys enjoy the loot!

Alright guys and girls, I've added the cursed chests section, I hope you guys enjoy the loot!
This has to be my favorite part of the post now! :)

But here's some problems.

1) I assume the does the palladium shield goes through a different tier of shield, because you would have to tweak the obsidian shield to match the buff. (Ankh too)
2) The fuzzblaster is more powerful than the Minishark. WAT (Only by a bit, but still)
3) Is the multiplier staff a lower rank Scourge of the Corrupter?

Otherwise, don't worry, you still have my support ;)

There would also need to be a new mech boss since you're getting rid of Skeletron...

This has to be my favorite part of the post now! :)

But here's some problems.

1) I assume the does the palladium shield goes through a different tier of shield, because you would have to tweak the obsidian shield to match the buff. (Ankh too)
2) The fuzzblaster is more powerful than the Minishark. WAT (Only by a bit, but still)
3) Is the multiplier staff a lower rank Scourge of the Corrupter?

Otherwise, don't worry, you still have my support ;)

1) Eventually, I'll get to that, I just need a suggestion on what other accessory would go well with it.
2) The only downside to the Fuzzblaster is that it doesn't have a chance to not consume ammo, so unless you have an armor set bonus you won't be very bullet conservative when using it. I guess I could also nerf the weapon damage somewhat.
3) Similar, except it consumes mana and deals magic damage (I just realized I forgot to put the mana cost in! :eek:)

Just made a big addition to the topic post. I plan to elaborate more on each of the items added, but I don't know if I want to continue without more support.

This seems pretty, unbalanced. I think we should keep the dungeon the way it is.

That's fine an all for an opinion, but you might want to elaborate on this as otherwise, no one will seriously consider your opinion.

As for the topic at hand
I assume the Citadel spawns on the surface and extends upwards as a contrast to the Dungeon?
What kind of blocks and furnishings can we expect? Will they be the same or will they vary in style and color?

Wow, I'm glad this got attention, however I don't know if I'll expand more on it or not based on the way the votes are leaning.

I'm not sure if this is based on the content of the thread or if it's actually based on the suggestion.

How would the alt be set up? Would it be linked to the crimson alt, or would it stand alone? With the enemies present within, could it be linked with the Hallow after Wall of Flesh defeated?

How would the alt be set up? Would it be linked to the crimson alt, or would it stand alone? With the enemies present within, could it be linked with the Hallow after Wall of Flesh defeated?
why does everything have to do with the cromson or hallow? It is just a dungeon alt.
this idea, however, needs fleshing out. The dungeon is HUGE. And we have only gotten a little right now. How would this countercurse be obtained? Will it have variations in color and furniture? and also you have not explained any of the mobs drops, nor the Taskmasters. Will Planteras message be changed? Is there equivalents to bone stuff? What about variations in wall types and hardmode enemy spawns?

The Citadel, every time I see this suggestion I think of this
Citadel.jpg

I also think of how awesome a robotic Dungeon alt would be. (no one steal that idea.. its been at the back of my mind for a while)

Back
Top Bottom