NPCs & Enemies The Cultist and Umbramorphing!

Hi.
I come to thee with new ideas:

The Cultist
Cultist_set.png

(either one of the Lunar costumes)

After defeating the Lunatic Cultist, a follower is suddenly snapped out of his control and breaks free
through the power of sheer will!

What does he do? Well I'll tell you...
he:

Umbramorphs!

What is Umbramorphing? A new feature in Terraria that works sort of like vanity...but for weapons.

For example Umbramorphing a Terra Blade to look like a wooden sword while still having the same exact
stats and projectiles fired
. Or even cooler, a Terra Blade that is Umbramorphed to look like an Arkhalis! :passionate:
Note: It only copies physical appearance, Umbramorphing does not carry over:
Light emitting properties
Projectile appearance
Status effects it may inflict

When the Cultist is right-clicked on, 3 slots will pop up:

-The first slot will be for the item you want to Umbramorph

-The second slot will be what you want the first slot item to look like when the process is finished.

The third slot is simply the end result, which would result in the item from slot one having a small purple square in the bottom right of it's
icon symbolizing it's been Umbramorphed, as well as scrolling over it will show it's been Umbramorphed along with the item that was used
in the process.

i.e. Slot 1: Terra Blade + Slot 2: Wooden Sword = Slot 3: Umbramorphed Terra Blade that looks like a Wooden Sword when swung.

"But wait!"
I hear you saying,
"What about if I want to undo the process?"
Thank you for asking! :

The Cultist will have another option, Unbind, which has four slots.

The first slot will be the Umbramorphed item

The second slot will be "Unbinding Dust" which is sold by the Cultist

The third/fourth slots will be the end result, splitting up both items into each slot.

So? Let me know what you think of this idea!
I personally think it would be extremely difficult to code...
:passionate:but its cool in concept is it not?:passionate:

Hi.
I come to thee with new ideas:

The Cultist
Cultist_set.png

(either one of the Lunar costumes)

After defeating the Lunatic Cultist, a follower is suddenly snapped out of his control and breaks free

What does he do? Well I'll tell you...
he:

Umbramorphs!

What is Umbramorphing? A new feature in Terraria that works sort of like vanity...but for weapons.

For example Umbramorphing a Terra Blade to look like a wooden sword while still having the same exact
stats and projectiles fired. Or even cooler, a Terra Blade that is Umbramorphed to look like an Arkhalis! :passionate:
Note: It only copies physical appearance, Umbramorphing does not carry over:
Light emitting properties
Projectile appearance
Status effects it may inflict

When the Cultist is right-clicked on, 3 slots will pop up:

-The first slot will be for the item you want to Umbramorph

-The second slot will be what you want the first slot item to look like when the process is finished.

The third slot is simply the end result, which would result in the item from slot one having a small purple square in the bottom right of it's
icon symbolizing it's been Umbramorphed, as well as scrolling over it will show it's been Umbramorphed along with the item that was used
in the process.

i.e. Slot 1: Terra Blade + Slot 2: Wooden Sword = Slot 3: Umbramorphed Terra Blade that looks like a Wooden Sword when swung.

"But wait!"
I hear you saying,
"What about if I want to undo the process?"
Thank you for asking! :

The Cultist will have another option, Unbind, which has four slots.

The first slot will be the Umbramorphed item

The second slot will be "Unbinding Dust" which is sold by the Cultist

The third/fourth slots will be the end result, splitting up both items into each slot.

So? Let me know what you think of this idea!
I personally think it would be extremely difficult to code...
:passionate:but its cool in concept is it not?:passionate:
Can't help but agree with you; it is cool in concept. I do have a few things I wanna say about the Cultist, though.
First thing that immediately comes to mind is: The Unbinding Dust is kind of redundant. If you're gonna pay the Cultist for an item only usable for Unbinding, you might be better off making the Unbinding itself cost money, instead.
The second thing (which kinda works off of the first one): You may want to either add more items to the shop or do away with it entirely, seeing the singular, redundant item.
Third and final thing (which partly remedies the second): If the Slot 2 weapon is temporarily(?) consumed by the Umbramorph, maybe have the Cultist sell a station that lets you Unbind items yourself; that way, if you want your Vanity weapon back, but the guy's been eviscerated by an Expert-Mode Green Slime, you can just waltz on over to the thing and save yourself some time (and sanity?).

Hold on, give me a moment...
Just looked at the offical Terraria wiki pages for the cultists, the Lunatic Cultist, and Lunatic Cultist guide
And nowhere does it even hint at them being mind controlled

[doublepost=1555032069,1555031803][/doublepost]
Did ya find anything insinuating that that isn't the case? `;)
Nada
Both Lunatic Cultist pages, say you spawn the boss by killing the four cultists at the entrance to the dungeon, nothing else about the Cultist
In the Cultist page, no luck. %:sigh:

Reactions: Bry
*Confused silence*
Well that lead didn't work.
They have their ritual at the Dungeon.
Which, at that time, is already jam-packed with weapons, not to mention Duke Fishron and the Lunar Events that activate immediately after the Lunatic Cultist is defeated.

Well that setup didn't work.
They have their ritual at the Dungeon.
Which, at that time, is already jam-packed with weapons, not to mention Duke Fishron and the Lunar Events that activate immediately after the Lunatic Cultist is defeated.
What does that have to do with an NPC selling items?

What does that have to do with an NPC selling items?
There's kind of a boatload of weapons already available at this point in the game. Not sure if adding even more is a good idea.
If the Cultist were to sell more items, the better route might just be making his shop more vanity-related, like his Umbramorphing.

There's kind of a boatload of weapons already available at this point in the game. Not sure if adding even more is a good idea.
If the Cultist were to sell more items, the better route might just be making his shop more vanity-related, like his Umbramorphing.
That doesn't answer why the dungeon has anything to do with this conversation.

Back
Top Bottom